October Antelope Questions...

Stohs57

FNG
My buddies and I were lucky enough to draw Rifle Antelope Tags in the Southern panhandle region of Nebraska this year. The rifle season runs from 10/13-10/28. I've bow hunted antelope twice in my life, but those hunts have taken place towards the end of August through mid September, pre-rut. I was wondering if anyone has any information, or would be willing to give up information, on the habits of post rut antelope and how to hunt them? Do they group back up in bachelor groups? Or do they head out on their own? The area we will be hunting is very flat, with wheat, millet, and other small grain fields along with range land. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

wytx

WKR
They can be starting to group up for winter if you have snow late Oct. It will be large herds if so.

OP
Stohs57

Stohs57

FNG
Thanks for the info.. Snow could certainly be an issue that late out there. I hope they aren’t too grouped up by then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Thanks for the info.. Snow could certainly be an issue that late out there. I hope they aren’t too grouped up by then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I’m the opposite, I pray for some winter weather to get them herded up. Love looking over a group with 20 plus bucks in it. Makes field judging way easier and makes finding the goats way easier. I also wait till late season to chase goats.