Quivalizer Arrow Gripper Slipping

I have a quivalizer I bought last August right when the molded hood version was released. Last year I used CX Maxima hunter 350 arrows with Ulmer/Shuttle T/Tooth of the Arrow heads and it worked and held great. This year I have switched to 300 Gold Tip Pro Hunters and ATAC/Iron Will heads and my arrows are not staying in the position and the broadheads are slipping out of the hood and then the arrow flops around just held by the gripper. The Gold Tips are larger diameter and not as slick as the Maxima Hunters so I have no idea why the gripper/hood combo isn't holding them very well. My only thought is the single tapered blade isn't getting much grip in the hood since its just the rubber liner with little slots cut around a hole like the newer tight spots. I'll call Option Archery in the morning and see if they have any ideas or if they just think the gripper stretched out enough to allow the slip. There is a smaller arrow gripper further down but its too small for the gold tips to stay in and they pop back out to the outer bigger gripper area. Curious if anyone else has experienced this. Might be tough to gauge because I think there are several different grippers since the quivalizer was released.

OP
doverpack12
Talked with Option Archery yesterday afternoon and they were very interested in figuring out why my gripper wasn't holding and happily sent a new gripper out and gave me an RA# for the old gripper.

OP
doverpack12
New gripper is on the quiver now. Appears to be much tighter on the first two arrows that were really moving around. I'll see how it holds after I get a little more shooting in.

weaver

WKR
I had the exact same problem. They sent me out a new gripper and that fixed it.
The person I talked to at Option said they hadn't got that complaint before so it must not be a common problem.

OP
doverpack12
That's what they told me too but they did say if there is a potential reoccurring problem like this they want to know about it and be able to figure out what is causing it so they can fix it.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
Well I call bullshit ! I have been talking with them , I've been having this problem for a couple of months , they did just send me a new gripper out but I have not tried it. going to install it this evening and see if it helps I am also shooting 300 gold tips . This is the fourth quivalizer I have had and the only one I've had problems with it is also the molded hood version

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
Update !!! Good news is the new gripper does seem to fix the problem! Although it looks and feels the same I'm not having any problems at this time