Hoyt Archery 2019 Rumors?????

jmez

WKR
Hoyt isn't the fastest bow out there but they are one of the few that always shoot advertised speeds. Unlike the other companies they actually use a true standard, ATA, not IBO.

ckleeves

WKR
What would be something groundbreaking that is yet to come out for a compound bow? All of these changes lately seem like little tweaks, how much more performance is unlockable? I am honestly curious since I am ignorant of bow technology.

I agree. I think archery technology has kinda plateaued. Plenty of little tweaks that will improve bows slowly over time but I don’t think we’re going to see any leaps and bounds.

Look at the bows of 10 years ago. Switchback XT and the Alphamax (close enough to 10 years ago) I could happily hunt with either one and I don’t think I would put myself at any disadvantage vs today’s bows. And I think improvements have even slowed down since then.

bsnedeker

WKR
Make it? My RX1 Ultra is shooting over its rating. All depends where on the cam you are though...
Yeah, my 2017 defiant turbo is hitting well above specs too...lol! I'm getting 295 ft/sec with my setup when the specs say I should be in the 280 range.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
The only thing "groundbreaking" would be a 400fps bow in a shooter friendly package. That isn't happening.

bsnedeker

WKR
The only thing "groundbreaking" would be a 400fps bow in a shooter friendly package. That isn't happening.
Really? We have 350 ibo bows TODAY that are pretty dang shooter friendly! If you think it's impossible for the technology to improve that little in 10-15 years then I think you maybe haven't been paying very close attention.

ckleeves

WKR
Really? We have 350 ibo bows TODAY that are pretty dang shooter friendly! If you think it's impossible for the technology to improve that little in 10-15 years then I think you maybe haven't been paying very close attention.

Maybe not 15 years, but what huge gains have we seen in the last -9 years? performance wise, not cool camo dip patterns and grass catchers attached to the limbs?

Speed has been up a few FPS but not much at all.
The X-force, alpahaburner, D350 etc are all knocking on 10 years old and we haven’t seen much improvement from them speed wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys how can I find specs for my bow so I can see if I am above or below the curve?

I am shooting a 2017 pro defiant (not turbo) 34 at 75 lbs on a 29.5 inch draw. Getting 304 FPS on a 438 grain arrow.

More than enough medicine for white tails but I am curious how it stacks up. Thanks.

jmez

WKR
The Black Knight 2 is over 20 years old and would shoot 350. We're still there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BigHink66

FNG
I heard they would move on to the “air bow “. A gun that shoots arrows since that is where archery is headed. 200 yards is no problem.

bsnedeker

WKR
Fair point... I'll admit I can be overly optimistic at times! I just see amazing things happening in the world of material sciences these days so it's really hard for me to believe that we have even come close to the limit of what you can do with compound bow technology. In my opinion the true limit on hunting bows is going to come in the form of regulations...at some point compounds are going to become so effective that success rates are going to become unsustainable and we will have to limit what is allowed in the field. Who knows, maybe I read too much science fiction!
Maybe not 15 years, but what huge gains have we seen in the last -9 years? performance wise, not cool camo dip patterns and grass catchers attached to the limbs?

Speed has been up a few FPS but not much at all.
The X-force, alpahaburner, D350 etc are all knocking on 10 years old and we haven’t seen much improvement from them speed wise.

bsnedeker

WKR
I just plugged those specs into SFA and it tells me you should be at 304.06 with that setup. You may want to take it to a good bowshop to see if they can get you that extra .06 fps
Guys how can I find specs for my bow so I can see if I am above or below the curve?

I am shooting a 2017 pro defiant (not turbo) 34 at 75 lbs on a 29.5 inch draw. Getting 304 FPS on a 438 grain arrow.

More than enough medicine for white tails but I am curious how it stacks up. Thanks.

ckleeves

WKR
Fair point... I'll admit I can be overly optimistic at times! I just see amazing things happening in the world of material sciences these days so it's really hard for me to believe that we have even come close to the limit of what you can do with compound bow technology. In my opinion the true limit on hunting bows is going to come in the form of regulations...at some point compounds are going to become so effective that success rates are going to become unsustainable and we will have to limit what is allowed in the field. Who knows, maybe I read too much science fiction!

I’m not saying archery tech has flatlined, it just seems like it’s pretty much baby steps right now. I still look forward to the new bows coming out just to see what has changed but lately it’s been pretty stale.

It is going to take something pretty revolutionary for us to see the leaps we saw between say ‘90-‘05. I’m sure it could happen, I’m just skeptical with the money I’m sure the big players have spent on R&D the past 5 years with very little real improvements.

HookUp

WKR
I would like to see bow companies stick with flagships longer. I don't understand how an industry can thrive when their products devalue so quick. Like its been said previously bow technology is at a stand still for the last 10 years.

Perhaps the "improvements" are simply manufacturers swapping each others ideas and calling their product, "new" and "improved". Things like center shot, cable slide improvement, modular cams, etc....

Maybe what we will see next , hopefully, will be reduced price for non flagship bows, that have flag ship technology built in. I believe PSE does this and 2 of Hoyts newer releases seem to be doing this as well.

No reason to be paying $1200-$1500 for what is in these bare bows.