Foam target Care/Life

Rogue541

WKR
I’ve got a quality foam 3D deer and a Block XL target. I know that the sun and elements can reduce their life by a ton. Aside from keeping them in the shade are there any other tricks that help preserve those spendy things? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desertcj

WKR
Broadheads are obviously going to tear them up a lot faster. I only shoot broadheads about a month before the season opens.

Broadheads are obviously going to tear them up a lot faster. I only shoot broadheads about a month before the season opens.

This.

I am a bit of a noob to archery still and have done more broadhead shooting lately to practice. They will chop up a $160 rinehart block very fast. I bought a cheaper target for less than a new core on my rinehart that I plan to use for broadhead.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZI3CI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Little unrelated, but if you have shot threw all four sides of your block (which I have), I flipped the block over and I am shooting the bottom side of it now. It stops arrows just like the sides would. Don't throw out your block once you have shot threw it.

I buy the polyurethane spray foam in a can from Ace hardware. I spray it into the centers of both 3D targets as well as my Rinehart insert. I can get double the time out of it. As long as I get on it and spray that foam in before the inserts are shredded, it will seal it all back up and be good to go. It will try and cause the inserts to swell so I wrap Velcro around them to contain the swelling.

edit*
I remove the inserts while spraying foam in, as to not permanently seal them to the target