elk arrow choices what one would you choose

Jacack

WKR
i have two set up and both shoot very good out of my setup but not sure what one i like better

arrow 1

easton axis 5mm 340
444.5 grains total with 100 point
262fps
foc is 13.6 or so measured by hand

arrow 2

easton hexx 333
418.5 grains 125 point
270fps
17.2 foc or so

leaning towards the axis as i have 100grain slick tricks already and would have to buy 125's for the hexx.

both arrows have brass inserts and same fletchings

what do you think?

thanks
jared

Either will kill elk just fine. Whatever combo flies straightest....tuning perfectly with broadheads and field points hitting to the same point of impact giving you the the most confidence! Sounds like you like the Axis best, which would be my choice. Good luck!

geriggs

WKR
All things being equal (arrow flight with BH, tuning , etc)...I would choose axis all day just for the extra momentum generated by the heavier arrow. Granted its not a ton but every bit helps. Plus i have had good results with axis on elk before with similar weights and 2 blade BHs (Silver flames) got full pass throughs on a few elk. Not sure if Hexx is 5mm as well (.204). I like the smaller diameter stuff too. All the being said, the hexx will work too...i just like heavier arrows.

desertcj

WKR
Hexx is 6mm, .236" ID and that's the arrow I would choose. Actually, I'd put 150gr 2 blade Buzzcuts on and be at 440gr with a great FOC.

Trial153

WKR
Neither are heavy enough for my wants in an elk set up, so with that in mind all else being equal i would take the heavier arrow set up.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Going with axis, might take a look at some 2 blade but shot slick tricks for years and always had good performance

RyanC

WKR
Good choice....you may check out KuduPoint Broadheads as well. Great company making a 2 blade single bevel broadhead that flies extremely well!!

Ryan

Going with axis, might take a look at some 2 blade but shot slick tricks for years and always had good performance

Just stick with the slick tricks. No need to go watching for a 2 blade to sacrifice potential blood trail and send your arrow further into the tree on the exit side.

Good choice on the arrow. With a fixed blade broadhead, a 3 or 4 blade would be my choice.

Vandal 44

WKR
I have been going back and forth between the Easton Hexx 330 and the Victory Rip 350 both of these arrow flew great it just came down to a little more weight and I like the insert system better on the Hexx. I am going with the Hexx 330 with 50 grain brass insert, 125 BH and AAE Max Stealth Vanes arrows weigh in at 450 grain

I’ve been shooting the axis for awhile now that would be my choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk