sharpening broadheads

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
what are talks methods and preferred equipment for sharpening broadheads? I have some heads I need to touch up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
Varies depending on the style of broadhead, 2 blade, 3 blade, 4 blade? There are some good videos on YouTube.

OP
S

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
Varies depending on the style of broadhead, 2 blade, 3 blade, 4 blade? There are some good videos on YouTube.
2 blade rages and three blades fixed heads

oldgoat

WKR
I'd buy a Strop if I was you, unless the blades are really trashed, you can touch then up with a Strop and some jeweler's rouge, look for Herb's Yellow Cake I think it's called. If you start seeing build up on the Strop, use some sand paper to knock it off. Watch videos on sharpening the three blade, different ways to do it and I've mastered none of them! If to rage blades are very bad, I'd just replace those!

I use a file for two and three blade heads, if I need to clean up chips or rolls on the edge. Then go to finer grits of sandpaper or stones, Then finish on a strop

Innovative outdoorsman llc sells some pretty neat sharpening gadgets. I got the one to sharpen iron will heads and it works great.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I sharpen my broadheads by replacing the blades. Lol Replacement blades are about the cheapest part of my hunt.

2blade

WKR
best thing I have found for fixed 3 blades is a 3 sided jewel stick. I work back to front starting with coarse for lets say 30 strokes as you rotate the head every stroke, so it ends up 10 strokes per flat. then medium for 30 then fine for 30. usually pops rubber bands very easily at this point providing the edge wasn't banged up to start with.

2 blades, kme knife sharpener works well

OP
S

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
I sharpen my broadheads by replacing the blades. Lol Replacement blades are about the cheapest part of my hunt.
ya but my blades came dull from the factory

OP
S

stx.dead.I

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't, wanted to go down this rabbit hole lol. they are rages that won't cut through paper:/
Dang, that sucks. Did you call the company and tell them? Maybe they'll send you some new ones.

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Innovative outdoorsman llc sells some pretty neat sharpening gadgets. I got the one to sharpen iron will heads and it works great.

The rage blades would use the Innovative Outdoorsman "Stay Sharp" guide for replaceable blades. There are a lot of videos showing the Stay sharp guide sharpening all manner of blades/heads including the new Sevr heads.

Sharpening rage hypodermic blades with the Stay Sharp Guide - YouTube

Sharpening Sever Broadheads with a Stay Sharp Guide - YouTube