Pinwheel software

bat-cave

WKR
+1 I just made my first tape with it and it was dead on. I have no always had the same outcome with other software for the same purpose ...

OP
W
I've never actually tuned an arrow to a compound bow before. I've always tried to choose an arrow base on a chart. Saw some one talking about that program do I figure use look at it. Plugged in some numbers and I was going to be very overspined according to the program and the numbers I plugged in.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

2blade

WKR
In order for it to work for me, I have to run everything in Hunting mode and stay to the stiff side. The old version was more accurate in my case, the new version seems to show the set up as stiffer than the old version. Its a good starting point but your final set up should be shot bare shaft and broadhead tuned to verify.

Trial153

WKR
I have it..

Take a look at the program on the Victory Arrow website before you buying anything.

bat-cave

WKR
Just sharing feedback from the owner of Pinwheel (who is really helpful). I was doing some manual tweaking of arrow speed to fine tune at longer ranges. Following Larry's instructions below ... Dead on.

The most accurate method for making tapes is to shoot in at least 2 marks and let the program calculate your velocity. You must also measure your Peep Height and Sight Radius accurately and in the correct fashion.

There are pictures in the User Guide on how to measure.

On the program Apple menu..Help > User Guide On the Database Selection tab Select the SpotHogg -> Fast Eddie option from the sight list combo box Click the Apply button Then Let OT2 Calculate A Velocity To Use...

Measure the distance between two marks on the dial tape area of the sight. The easiest way is to stick a "post-it" note (cut the sticky part to fit) on the tape area.

Shoot in two marks at 30 and 50 are good. If you can consistently aim at and hit the edge of a target or piece of masking tape, you can use a 20 as the 1st mark..so 20 and 50.

Remove the post-it note, lay it flat, and measure as accurately as possible the distance from one mark to the next. Use a micrometer if you have one.

On the Sight Spec, enter the two distances in the fields provided and the measured gap from the post-it. Click the Calculate button.

Click to the Sight Tapes tab. Change the Dimensions Width/Height fields to something like o.45 for Width and 4.75 for Height. <-these are arbitrary height and width..the Fast Eddie might be wider or able to use more than 4.75. Click the Create button.

Check your work by looking at the value displayed in the "x to x" field of the Dimensions frame of the Sight Tapes tab. It should be within a few thousandths of the measured gap.

Make changes to the Marks Min/Max, Number Font Sizes and Colors. 2,5,7 works well for mark thickness. Check what info you want printed in the Tape Header. Click Draw Tape each time you make a change.

Print the tape.

Save your changes to the User Record.