Best cement for Bohning Blazers

parker

FNG
I'm having issues keeping my Bohning Blazers securely glued to my new VAPs, I've been a traditional fletching guy my whole life, so dealing with vanes is new to me, any suggestions on the best cement/glue for Blazers on small diameter shafts..??

atfrith

FNG
I've had good luck using simply Locktite SuperGlue (the blue one) on my FMJ's the past few years. I also make sure to wipe down the shaft with alcohol before fletching to make sure any oil residue from my fingers is gone

Trial153

WKR
I found super glues to be inconsistent, used the loctight as well as the gorilla blue both in the impact formula. They work excellent when they are new however they will degrade pretty fast after the bottle is open. Like others have said prep is key.
Max bond has been my go to for me for awhile now. I haven’t had any issue with it for any type of vane that I have tried.

kda082

WKR
Loctite with the brush applicator. Think it's at Menards if you have one. Easiest to apply and used for years without issue.

OP
P

parker

FNG
Thanks everyone... BTW, I wipe the shafts with acetone first.

satchamo

WKR
Loctite control gel is the best, cheapest and most readily available IMO. I've fletched thousands of blazers with it and no issues

OR Archer

WKR
Thanks everyone... BTW, I wipe the shafts with acetone first.

If the shaft has any sort of shiny finish you need to sand it lightly to rough up the surface before wiping it down. This will more than likely cure your issues of poor adhesion.