How many broad heads do you take on a day hunt?

Jacack

WKR
Hunting elk from a truck with return to truck daily , how many broadhead arrows you carry? Just curious if guys shooting iron wills take 6 or maybe three of them and 3 of a "backup" due to cost .

541hunter

WKR
Not shooting ironwills, but I take a full quiver. A full quiver for me is 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CX5Ranch

WKR
I take 5 arrows. 4 broadheads and 1 for grouse. I mean supper.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I take three iron wills, a field point for grouse, and a VPA small game point for stumps. Quiver holes five.

WJS23

WKR
Full quiver man 3 iron wills and 3 dead meats .... it would be like only taking two round with you when your gun hunting

3 IW + 2 Grave Diggers + 1 G5-SG head in 6 arrow quiver as daily carry. Extra SG, 3 extra GD broadheads, and 2 extra arrows in pack (left in camp) as backup on a 6 day backcountry hunt.

Trial153

WKR
Two mechanicals ( Raptor tricks or steelheads ) then the rest what ever fixed blade I am using. So this year IW

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
I usually take a full quiver too but was curious. I too also carry one for grouse and such. Normally a g5 sgh

2backcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Running a 5 arrow TightSpot so I carry 5 broadheads and If I'm backpacking in for several days than I carry 2 additional arrows in my pack with rubber bludgeon heads for practice and 2 additional broadheads to be used if needed.

Jay03

WKR
Six arrow quiver, 5 broadheads and one judo tip for small game. This year I will be flinging Iron Wills, I was very reluctant due to the 200 dollar price tag for 6 heads. But they really fly well and confidence in ones gear is pretty important. I used QAD exodus heads in the past and everyone who hunts with me thinks I am nuts because the QAD's are very deadly broadheads! They flat out killed. But groups at 50 and beyond were a little more sporadic and I didn't have confidence in them at 60 or 70 so I kept shots within 45 yards. Not a huge deal but the Iron wills group at 60 just like field points so I am comfortable that if the opportunity presents I will feel better about taking a longer shot. I routinely practice out to 100 yards it was just my broadhead flight holding me to shorter distances. I should add that I backpack hunt and might feel just fine with 3 heads If I was returning to the truck each day. I also considered just getting 3 Iron will and having the Exodus as a backup/kill shot in my quiver.

JLH208

WKR
5 arrow quiver, 4 broadheads (WacEm) and 1 grouse tip (Rip Trick)

EDIT: Also keep another half dozen or so arrows in the pickup as well as a couple more broadheads. Always have a target in the pickup too.

FlyGuy

WKR
5 arrow quiver.

3 BH
1 small game
1 fluflu arrow with small game (for shooting grouse out of trees)

In my pack, inside an old plastic Rx bottle, 1 extra BH, 2 field tips, 1 small game tip; and some cotton balls to keep them from clinking around.

At the truck are 7 more arrows, 3 more BH, 4 more field tips, and 2 more fluflu arrows. (I shoot a lot more grouse than elk while elk hunting)

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
Three fixed blade, one mechanical, and one field point. My figuring is the mechanical can be for a longer follow up and the field point is for small game.
I had a mechanical in for longer shots too, but hunting Idaho this year.... good idea if you are in others states where legal.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk