sight tape / pin gap ?

bwlacy

WKR
I'm curious how much my sight tape will be off going from 500 feet to 10,500 in Colorado. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm shooting 290fps and everything is good here in Michigan. I'll probably bring a target out west and shoot a few arrows by the truck which will be around 8,500 feet.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are running a single pin sight tape you won’t see a measurable distance until 50 or 60, and even then it is very small. When you get to around 70, I would just take a yard off what your rangefinder says. At 100 yards you are probably only looking at 4-5” at your speed which is about 1.5 yards.

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
If you are running a single pin sight tape you won’t see a measurable distance until 50 or 60, and even then it is very small. When you get to around 70, I would just take a yard off what your rangefinder says. At 100 yards you are probably only looking at 4-5” at your speed which is about 1.5 yards.

Thanks for the info. I'll still shoot some arrows out there. Doesn't sound like a big deal then. No need for a different tape out there.