Prime Tuning Help

walkamt

FNG
I’m having some serious trouble tuning my Prime Centergy Hybrid. I’ve had this bow for a few months and love it, but I can’t get broadheads to tune well. I’m shooting 72# with Black Eagle Rampage 300s cut 27.75 CTC for a total of 485 grains. 28” draw length. Up front I have a 56 grain insert with an extra 40 grains, and a 150 grain broadhead(Iron Will and Strickland Helix). No matter how much I fiddle with my rest, I can’t get broadheads to shoot with field points. They consistently impact left. This setup will shoot a bullet hole, walkback tune well, etc with field points. The funny thing is that if I add another 20 grain FACT weight up front (bringing the setup to 505), broadheads will shoot with field points right away. However, my bullethole paper tune will turn into a hard right tear. I’m driving myself crazy trying to make this work with elk season right around the corner, and I would very much appreciate any help getting this bow to shoot broadheads well.

Trial153

WKR
Take a turn and half out of each limb bolt. Then shoot see if you can make a rest adjust that brings the broadheads into the field points. If that works then you were to weak, either leave the poundage down or knock 50 grains off your front end.

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
I have a prime Rize. My suggestion is to try several bow hand positions until you find the one that works for your bow. I used bare shafts to find the proper grip. Then be consistent with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
If the broadheads group well, does it matter? You are simply after good arrow flight. Tight groups mean you have good arrow flight regardless of which point is on there or where they hit relative to each other.

To me, you're too close to the season to keep messing with it. Adjust your sight for the broadheads and dial those in.

Just my opinion.

Jeremy

Jbehredt

WKR
If the broadheads group well, does it matter? You are simply after good arrow flight. Tight groups mean you have good arrow flight regardless of which point is on there or where they hit relative to each other.

To me, you're too close to the season to keep messing with it. Adjust your sight for the broadheads and dial those in.

Just my opinion.

Jeremy

I’m with Jeremy. It would drive me nuts knowing it wasn’t exactly dialed in...... but once August rolls around it’s all about broadheads. Nothing gets messed with beyond that. Tuning can resume in October with 10 months to leisurely figure it out.

BFM

FNG
Just went through similar with mine. I flipped the top limb and bottom limb with each other and set center shot at 7/8". Shooting perfect now.

OP
W

walkamt

FNG
Yeah I had it perfectly dialed in with good flight, but then took it into a shop for a couple of things. When I got it back I found that they'd just centered the rest. I appreciate all the advice

If you move your rest and the separation doesn’t decrease then it’s your draw length too short pulling the string away from your face starting the tail right of point. Broadheads the fletching can’t pull the point over field points it can. Get your release forearm in line with the arrow.