What arrows?

beardedbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know much about arrows but I currently use the Vital Impact arrows from Sportsmans Warehouse. I'd like to upgrade to something a little better. Suggestions?

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using Black Eagle arrows this year and the arrows shoot a lot better than I do. I want to say I spent about $150 on a full dozen ordered through a local pro shop for assembly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Arrows are wide ranging.

You basically pay for what you get.

Arrows to me are best initially addressed by their stats. +\- in weight and straightness tolerances to start with.

Then mate up with the intended use. For hunting, durability and outside diameter. Smaller outside diameter in a perfect world should result in easier penetration.

I’ve always used Easton/Bemon or Carbon Express. I know people use Gold Tip and Black Eagle and like them too.

The best dollar for dollar arrow I bought in the last 5 years was a arrow by Carbon Express called Mutiny Slashers. They had decent +\- tolerances and Camofire had them in 350 spine, fletched and nocked with bagged inserts for $55 a dozen. I bought 7 dozen being I hunt pigs and blow thru arrows. Couldn’t be happier. I’d buy more, but I guess those were closeouts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You get what you pay for, Black Eagle Spartans for me, second would be either the Axis or FMJ which are 5mm from Easton, I just prefer the hard hitting insert with the SS collar

Btaylor

WKR
Imo, the best shooting arrow is the one that results in the maximum mass, moderate to heading towards high FOC and that will leave your bow in the 265-285 fps range. All of that starts with your bow as far as IBO, draw weight, draw length. Again just my opinion but seeting up your setup along those lines will give you a solid performing rig with the ability to shoot pretty much any head you want too. You also would have room in either direction to tweak the setup more to your liking.

Easton Axis or FMJ. These arrows fly great with fixed broadheads. Once you step into the world of arrows with outserts/colllars it becomes a lot more time consuming to try to get them to spin right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codym

WKR
I have always shot Easton Axis until this year. I got a new bow and needed some stiffer arrows. I went with the VAP 350's. I really like both. The VAPs are super consistent within 1/2 a grain in the dozen that I received with field points. I still believe I am under spined with my set up and will be going with a 300 spine arrow next year. I don't know if I will stay with VAP's or go back to Axis, both have been awesome for me.

WJS23

WKR
I shot easton carbon injections and FMJ injections for years with out ever having a problem with them. I have never shot Carbon express but some people swear by them.This year I switched it up and got some black eagle ximpacts. I like them so far but it did take some time building the arrows some thy spin true with the outsert.

OFFHNTN

WKR
You will get a ton of suggestions on arrows. There are a lot of good ones out there. I've had best luck with Easton, specifically the Axis and the Full Metal Jackets.