AAE Max Hunter or Max Stealth

HeadnWest

WKR
I am trying to decide between the two. I will be shooting an 485 gr arrow, about 265 fps with 12%FOC and using an Iron Will Broadhead. I would guess the Max Hunter will help steer my broadhead slightly better, wondering if the noise reduction of the Stealths will make it worth it?

In the end I will try both, but just wanted to see what other peoples experiences are.

If you go with a AAE make sure they stick before going on a hunt.

Of those two max stealth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WYCFM1

WKR
Max stealth

Get AAE Max Bond glue and use it with AAE vanes. Other glues don’t always work for AAE vanes

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot max stealth with iron wills. I have a 4 fletch set up and around 500 gr and they work great. I use arrow wraps and haven’t had any issue with the vanes staying put.

WJS23

WKR
One more for the stealths I run 3 flech with a helix, use the primer pen and wraps and for glue I have had good luck with max bond and the Easton glue and don’t forget to put a dab of glue on front and back of the vains

bat-cave

WKR
I have shot both and prefer the Stealth. As others have stated, you will not have issues with vane adhesion if you use the pen prep and glue from AAE.

Brendan

WKR
Max stealth.

AAE vanes have an activator on the base. Key part is using their primer pen and following their install instructions. I've had fine luck with different glues, but when I skipped that primer every single one came off.

I run the max stealths as well. For me its just a 3 fletch with some offset and im shooting 250gr cutthroats out to 60 with good flight.

Lawnboi

WKR
Hybrid stealth. Another one to consider.

Same shape as the stealth, little lighter and more flexible, easy to glue on without messing around with primer pen.

That said the max stealth have stuck for me but you have to be diligent about the process and follow aae reccomendations.

Im running the Stealth and 150 Iron Wills this year. I have yet to have vanes fall off. I use the primer pen, but my own CA glue. Its about the primer pen cleaning the vane channel. The pens are pricey but if used right you can fletch up a good bunch of arrows.

I use them on my target arrows as well- shoot over 100 arrows daily, and never, ever had one come loose.

mtbshark

WKR
I run the hybrid vane it is same profile of stealth but not in max material. This is good because you can use any glue without primer and they stick!!!

Btaylor

WKR
I like the hybrid as well. Have shot them to the nock in the target more than once and they are still stuck tight and show no wrinkles.