Noisy Tight Spot

Just mounted a new Tight Spot 7 arrow, and am getting a lot of noise when firing. I made sure it's mounted solid, not flush against the sight, and all the screws seem tight enough. What are the most likely causes? Should noise be expected, or is there something not right here?

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
Mine made a little noise at first. I had to check all the screws and tighten them down, even up around the hood. Also, one of the support rods has a rubber noise dampener piece on it. Try putting that in different spots to see if it can quiet things down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

big44a4

WKR
Probably coming from arrows. Make sure gripper is adjusted for your arrows and they are pushed all the way up into hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably coming from arrows. Make sure gripper is adjusted for your arrows and they are pushed all the way up into hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the biggest thing. The hoods seem to get noisy for me if I don't push the arrows into it tightly before locking them into the grippers.

This has been an issue before

Shove arrows tightly in hood
Make sure hood foam is tight, use tape our glue to help secure

Tite spot sells additional arrow gripper, I got this and it helped a lot

Even on my 7 , the extra gripper, 5 holder, helped

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
P
This has been an issue before

Shove arrows tightly in hood
Make sure hood foam is tight, use tape our glue to help secure

Tite spot sells additional arrow gripper, I got this and it helped a lot

Even on my 7 , the extra gripper, 5 holder, helped

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hood foam? My hood is empty. There's only a thin strip of rubber with * cutouts at the very top. I thought it was odd as is, but maybe it was sent without that part?

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
Hood foam? My hood is empty. There's only a thin strip of rubber with * cutouts at the very top. I thought it was odd as is, but maybe it was sent without that part?
I think that is what he's referring to. That's all that is inside the hood on mine as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bryan_arnett

Lil-Rokslider

There isn't any foam in the hood, just all rubber. Double check all the screws and re-tighten. If that doesn't fix it then call into the office, Joe and Kelly are great people!

There is the reduced sized rubber insert that holds the broad heads in alignment. It then over laps the hood, and that is where a lot of guys will double side tape it or glue it.

Last edited:

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
I just went through the same thing with a 5 arrow, new a few weeks ago. Scoured the internet and forums. Added the second gripper without resolution. Tightened down arrows more. Pushed them deeper and also tried shallower. To solve it, I pulled the rubber hood after removing the screw. Added some additional soft packing sponge under the top of the hood. Used Loctite slow epoxy inside the hood all around, taped it off and left it for 24 hours. Then removed the tape and epoxied the areas where the carbon rods enter the hood and mate with the rubber. Let it sit for 24 hours. After that, no more buzzing, rattling or vibrating. For what they cost, you would think they could fix that, but it is what it is and seems to be fairly common. If you want, I could take a pic or too of the epoxy I put around the carbon rods/hood.

FlyGuy

WKR
I just went through the same thing with a 5 arrow, new a few weeks ago. Scoured the internet and forums. Added the second gripper without resolution. Tightened down arrows more. Pushed them deeper and also tried shallower. To solve it, I pulled the rubber hood after removing the screw. Added some additional soft packing sponge under the top of the hood. Used Loctite slow epoxy inside the hood all around, taped it off and left it for 24 hours. Then removed the tape and epoxied the areas where the carbon rods enter the hood and mate with the rubber. Let it sit for 24 hours. After that, no more buzzing, rattling or vibrating. For what they cost, you would think they could fix that, but it is what it is and seems to be fairly common. If you want, I could take a pic or too of the epoxy I put around the carbon rods/hood.

I'd like to see that, having trouble visualizing. I don't have a ton of noise from my quiver when I shoot, but the rubber hood is a little loose on one side. When I pull an arrow out from that side of the quiver the rubber pulls loose and makes noise, which would be a really crappy way to blow a shot opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
Pic of the Loctite I used. I like it because it doesn’t get brittle. Almost dries with a little “rubbery” feeling to it which is also nice for vibration dampening. And it’s slow setting so more time to work with it. Think I got it off Amazon.
loctite.jpg

As above, first took out the screw and pulled the rubber hood. You’ll see the pink sponge really only on one side of the hood. I filled the other side with some old foam I had laying around. Then mixed epoxy and spread around the rubber hood pushing under the lip as well. Then put it back in and screw back in. Stuffed with paper to try and push the rubber hood against the plastic walls of the “outer” plastic hood. Taped over to hold the rubber hood lip against the plastic.

24 hours later, took everything off and still noticed some vibration when I’d bang the quiver around and it seems to always be around the rods. Around the carbon rods, I started off with the thinner epoxy and tried to let it run and push in filling the gaps between the hood and sort of building it up intentionally. Let it sit overnight and the next day checked and all was quiet.
hood left.jpeg

hood both.jpg

hood right.jpg

Let me know if the pics don't open. Not sure why showing as attachment files. Normally just shows the pics...

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So are the newer hoods not coming with foam? I just cut my own and Gorilla Glue it into place. The only time I get noise is when the foam is wearing out and the arrow tips are pushed up against the hood. That and check where your cable slide is. I had to tape a piece foam on one of the rods where the slide goes to at the shot.

Trial153

WKR
The only tight spot I have left is quite. That said I wouldn’t be dealing with building a fix for it if it wasn’t. If a 150 quiver is not built quite they need to go back to drawing board. Send it to them and explain the performance isn’t expectable.

worx53

WKR
I replied to a post on this awhile back. tight spot re-designed the first year 7 arrow quiver -and they replaced mine with a newer version- the first version had only 2 screws that pinched the rods. the newer version has 4 screws and wider clamping surface. mine rattled badly in the hood, but the rods vibrated quite a bit enough that the weight with a loaded 7 arrow quiver would make quite a racket as well. The fix above is a great way to quiet these things. I wish they would make the pinch screw clamp assembly about twice as tall so it clamped the rods further apart which would stop the rod vibration and maybe use slightly larger diameter rods.

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 7 arrow Tight spot also and was getting noise from the two arrows that are inside of the mounting rods. Those two arrows seem to contact the mount that the rods pass through and are causing some vibration noise. I put some mole skin where the arrows were contacting and it seems to help. I am going to try the epoxy also! Thanks for that tip.

Boreal

WKR
I had noise from mine that neither I or the bow shop could figure out. Everything was tight, all seemed to be in place. I had it mounted really close to the strings, and it was vibrating into the cable guide when fired. It wasn’t hitting when the bow was drawn or when resting, but on firing the vibration was enough to rattle it against the guide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
good lord. :)

unload all the arrows. fire one. if it rattles it is the unit itself. if it is silent, it is the arrows in the hood.

mine was the hood. i was messing with it looking for the rattle. in insert fell out. i had some clear silicone and i just put a tiny bead and pushed it back in. fixed..

then the grips started getting weaker and the arrows would slide down sometimes..the new rattle was the arrows acting like Maracas in the hood.

i had to constantly push them up.