Trophy Taker Option Sight

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys,

I just got one in and will be putting it through the ringer over the next few days. I'll have a review posted on our blog early next week. They are shipping super fast, and we can do custom configs as well.

Let me know if you have any specific questions you want me to address in my review and I'll get them answered. So far we have been VERY impressed with this company and their products.

Look for a review of the Smackdown Pro and the Quivalizer as well.

Rob

Rob, great review. I'm planning on trying one after reading a few others. Do see a problem with lining up a 1/4" peep with the oblong 8 pin housing? I think I'm going to want the larger housing to get some distance on that adjustable pin.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What's the difference from base model to platinum?

The Platinum Option sights are 100% made in the US, where the standard Option is imported. The Platinum has titanium pivot pins on which the swing away housing moves vs the standard Option sights are stainless steel. Also the Platinum is made from 70-75 aluminium where the standard is 60-61.

One thing to consider is the 8 pin housing is larger and you can order them with just just 6 pins. That's how I ordered mine and though I haven't really tested how far I can take it (it's on a completely new bow that will be getting new arrows) out to at 60 yards I still have a ton of room on the bottom end to really extend my range.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
One thing to consider is the 8 pin housing is larger and you can order them with just just 6 pins. That's how I ordered mine and though I haven't really tested how far I can take it (it's on a completely new bow that will be getting new arrows) out to at 60 yards I still have a ton of room on the bottom end to really extend my range.

We have a custom setup page just for this.

https://www.sandsarchery.com/Trophy-Taker-Option-Sight-Custom-p/ttoptioncustom.htm

Lots of guys question the oblong shape of the sight housing on the 8 and how it fits in your peep. Theleo91386, can you speak to this?

jb79

WKR
I will put in my 2 cents on the option 8 housing. obviously if you center the pin then there won't be any issues. But I do not. I went from a 3/16 peep to a 1/4 and the top and bottom of the housing are a perfect match for my 8. That is at a 26.5in dl so you long draw guys will be able to use a smaller peep and still align the housing with out issue.