New vanes??

OR Archer

WKR
Justin I've ordered some sk300 based on your review. I've read some have difficulty getting them glued down. Did you use the zing and did you prep them any different? I'd like to avoid the zing if possible

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used to use Flex Fletch vanes on my target arrows. Very durable and held their shape very well. Fletching them is a PIA. To get good adhesion I would lightly scuff the base of the vane with sand paper or steel wool then clean with laquer thinner or acetone before applying glue. Cleaning the shaft the same way also. Never had an issue when doing this.

OP
justin davis
Justin I've ordered some sk300 based on your review. I've read some have difficulty getting them glued down. Did you use the zing and did you prep them any different? I'd like to avoid the zing if possible

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm using the zing primer. The zing primer is a must and makes it very easy. After that I just use whatever glue I have. They are on there for good.

The SK 300's are sweet.

Is anyone shooting the sk200's? I have a buddy who shoots them 4 fletch and he swears by them?

I used to shoot the SK200's from when they first came out until last year when I switched to the trophy taker max stealth when they came out. I can't shoot well enough to tell the difference between the two when 3 fletched with a helical. The max stealth is quieter though. The sk200 will be quieter and they are lighter than Blazers though.

OP
justin davis
I used to shoot the SK200's from when they first came out until last year when I switched to the trophy taker max stealth when they came out. I can't shoot well enough to tell the difference between the two when 3 fletched with a helical. The max stealth is quieter though. The sk200 will be quieter and they are lighter than Blazers though.

The only thing I don't like about the max stealth is the weight. When I tried them they weighed 8 and 10 grains a vane. The flex fletch are half that. Not that grains matter much but I like less weight in the back of the arrow

I've never had a problem getting flex fletch to stick. Alcohol on arrow and base of vane, let it dry, then aae max bond glue. I've never had one come off unless I used pliers and pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The only thing I don't like about the max stealth is the weight. When I tried them they weighed 8 and 10 grains a vane. The flex fletch are half that. Not that grains matter much but I like less weight in the back of the arrow

I agree they are heavy. I was willing to give up a little in the weight for the quieter flight. I have quite a bit of weight up front already so I am still able to maintain 14%+ FOC with the Max Stealth and a 4" wrap. I use QAD tune a nocks so I make up a little there compared to a normal nock.

OP
justin davis
I agree they are heavy. I was willing to give up a little in the weight for the quieter flight. I have quite a bit of weight up front already so I am still able to maintain 14%+ FOC with the Max Stealth and a 4" wrap. I use QAD tune a nocks so I make up a little there compared to a normal nock.

Nice sounds like a good setup!

Yea im gonna try the SK 200's. Debating if I should go 3 fletch or 4 fletch?

I shot the SK200 for 2 or 3 years exclusively and never had an issue with fixed broadhead flight and a 3 fletch with a little helical. I was shooting shuttle T's.

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
Old thread but wondering if we can get an update from anyone of you after shooting your set-ups a season? I was looking at the Sk200 or 300, Justin, did you end up with the 200 or 300, 3 or 4 fletch? Anyone changing for next year?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to try the Blazer heat vanes this year. I just didn't think the sk300 lived up to the extra cost for me. Fletching them takes extra care and I'm pretty lazy. They were quite and durable. I shot four animals with them with no issues. I did notice they were effected by cross wind more than blazers. That's just my opinion after only a single season. I just like trying new stuff I guess

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
justin davis
Old thread but wondering if we can get an update from anyone of you after shooting your set-ups a season? I was looking at the Sk200 or 300, Justin, did you end up with the 200 or 300, 3 or 4 fletch? Anyone changing for next year?

I really like flex fletch. However the added cost and prep gets annoying. I shot 4 AAE pro max vanes last fall and I am still continuing to shoot them. They shoot great in the wind and control my fixed blades.

I liked the vanetec swifts 2.25 but they didn't seem to control my fixed blades.

I'll be sticking with the AAE pro max for awhile

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The SK300's are the only vanes that I hear after leaving my bow. Don't like the extra work of fletching them, and they aren't durable at all. They worked with my fixed BH's the same as my 2" QS's, but this last year switched to the Q2i Fusion Xii 2.1" vanes and I probably won't be looking back anytime soon. Love them!

OP
justin davis
The SK300's are the only vanes that I hear after leaving my bow. Don't like the extra work of fletching them, and they aren't durable at all. They worked with my fixed BH's the same as my 2" QS's, but this last year switched to the Q2i Fusion Xii 2.1" vanes and I probably won't be looking back anytime soon. Love them!

Yea the flex fletch are more expensive as well.

I also really like the vanetecs. They seem to be more quiet than the other vanes and fletch up really easy. They are cheap too

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
Im using the AAE Stealth Max vanes with the new Mini Max EZ fletch and wow. Im more accurate at longer distances than ever and my arrows fly like they are guided down a track the whole way no matter how far i shoot

Whisky

WKR
For those wanting to run Flex Fletch I found an arrow wrap made all the difference. There is no additional prep required. I use loctitxe gel and Bitzenburger with good results. I use the 360 vanes with 4" wraps

View attachment 59669

These are what I use and like them over others I have tried. I am going to give the 3" a try this year just for grins, but the 2.1 have been working great for me.

same here. i did a bunch of experimenting with other vanes over the summer but when i screwed broadheads i went running back to the 2.1" fusions. they just work and i can get a good helical on an ez-fletch.