Got Tip Pierce Platinum?

I wouldn't call them outserts as they are inside the footing, which is plenty strong and will not allow them to bend or break like the previous outserts I have tried. The footing on the end of the arrow is very nice in that it ensures everything is lined up perfect, plus the added strength.

I wouldn't call them outserts as they are inside the footing, which is plenty strong and will not allow them to bend or break like the previous outserts I have tried. The footing on the end of the arrow is very nice in that it ensures everything is lined up perfect, plus the added strength.

That's good to hear Nick

ontarget7

WKR
The half outsert style system with the collar added just doesn't spin as true as I would prefer. Lots of pieces that have to line up perfect and for that reason you get some that just can be a pain to get to spin true.

Still prefer a HIT system or standard outserts for spinning true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The half outsert style system with the collar added just doesn't spin as true as I would prefer. Lots of pieces that have to line up perfect and for that reason you get some that just can be a pain to get to spin true.

Still prefer a HIT system or standard outserts for spinning true.

Yea that's always been my thoughts too

I fletched up a dozen of these last night for a buddy that bought some. Every single arrow was within a grain of each other when finished and they all spun true.

I had my reservations as well.

Third caribou with them this summer. This one was at 61 yards, with a 7-8 mph cross wind. Arrow dropped into the pocket just fine with minimal compensation for the wind. Complete pass through with a Rage Hypodermic.

attachment.php

Kotaman

WKR
I've always been an Easton guy, but picked up a dozen of these last week to try as I don't love the "Deep 6" components. Though I have not tried them in the field, I'm liking them so far. Weights are spot on and they spin great. Nick...I won't be completely sold until you kill a sheep or brownie with one. ;)

Acomm34

FNG
I'm just shooting the Pierce but not the platinums. The brass collar weighs 44 grains if I remember right. Happy with the ones I have so far and I'll be getting the platinums soon. Penetratrion is great from those micro shafts when they're not dragging on much because that 5/16 head makes a nice hole. I think it's a great system and have had no problems.

ontarget7

WKR
I'm just shooting the Pierce but not the platinums. The brass collar weighs 44 grains if I remember right. Happy with the ones I have so far and I'll be getting the platinums soon. Penetratrion is great from those micro shafts when they're not dragging on much because that 5/16 head makes a nice hole. I think it's a great system and have had no problems.

Once a broadhead cuts an opening it won't matter what size the shaft is, as it just follows the path.

After shooting micro diameter shafts for quite awhile and going back to more standard or small diameter shafts I really haven't seen any difference on penetration

Trial153

WKR
For me the negatives I have experienced with almost all outsert / half out systems outweighs the positives of the smaller shafts. .209 shaft with hits or ACC sized shafts with inserts gets you a great compromise without any durability or fitment issues the invariably happen with outserts over time and use.

Last edited: