Got Tip Pierce Platinum?

Gold Tip Pierce Platinum?

Wondering if anyone has used these?

Looks like since the head screws into the actual insert shouldn't have any issues with concentricity.

Last edited:

brocksw

WKR
I used them in a limited basis last year. I didn't use the goldtip insert/outsert system as I'm not fond of the design but they may work very well. I used the FACT weight system and firenock outserts to get a 250 spine Pierce platinums up to 499 grains. Nothing wrong with the arrows but ultimately I decided it was too much of a pain to get them weighted up and squared properly. FACT weights are smooth surfaced and I had issues getting them to adhere consistently. I changed back to kinetic kaos. Much easier to get weighted up and I think they are a more durable arrow. Penetration differences, imo, should be unnoticeable through an animal with a broadhead. In a target micro arrows penetrate much better. Wind also affects micro arrows some less.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just got a few dozen of these and plan to make up a couple this weekend. I think they will be a great arrow for what I have planned this fall, time will tell.

pronghorn

FNG
I have been shooting them since late October. The shafts are very tough and fly like darts! My long range groups are better than they have been in years. The outserts are nice, especially when pulling them out of 3D targets and when buying broadheads. I have broken two outserts, but they were my fault. They are easily removed and replaced, getting the arrow back to new condition.

Finally got to test them out on a caribou yesterday. 62 yards, in the wind, and performed just as it does while practicing. Very nice arrows, excited to use them the rest of the year.

svivian

WKR
Any one else do any actual experimenting

What type of experimenting? What information are you looking for, maybe I can answer it. I have a dozen with a four fletch and shooting out to 100yds. So far they shoot like darts and do really well in the wind.

How are you guys like there outserts if your using them. And sVivian what do you have on the tip of your pierce platinum. And what is yalls total arrow weight roughly

svivian

WKR
I'm just shooting easy pull field points. I haven't ran any broad heads yet because I might go mechanical and am waiting on a shipment. My arrows right now are weighted around 475gr. They are cut at 27". I have a 29" draw and am getting around 295fps. I'm shooting the 300 spine on the platinums which seems to be about right for the weight and speed imo. The only thing I would change on the platinums would be to have a stainless steel insert instead of aluminum (makes it easier to add weight and is stronger) and make the outsert more flush to the shaft.

pronghorn

FNG
Mine weigh 396 grains and are shooting in the upper 290's. So far I have only shot Grim Reapers with them, but they are spot on to 80 yards. I have shot both the 1 3/8" Razortip and also the new Carni-Four. The added penetration is pretty awesome! I can't wait for hunting season to start.

I continue to be amazed at how well these arrows are flying for me. Hopefully I can "test" them again this weekend.