Which glue for insert

DEW0341

WKR
I just bought some BE Rampages and am using the SS half outs that come with it. I usually use Hot melt for my inserts, but with these arrows having half outs will using hot melt result in some lost inserts while shooting 3d because of the half out design???

MattB

WKR
I'd still use hot melt and worry more about replacing inserts than arrows.

jherald

WKR
I run VAP outserts in Deep Six FMJ's and use Goat Tuff. I haven't had an outsert come out yet. I had been using a 2 part 24 hours epoxy but I got tired of it taking too long so I just ran Goat Tuff. Warm or cold weather hasn't had an affect on it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I use 2-part 24-hour epoxy on all my inserts these days. I absolutely cannot stand having an insert come out or loosen up.

But with those outserts you'll end up bending them eventually and you'll want to replace them, so I guess the hotmelt Bob recommends "might" work.

Blackcow

WKR
I like the AAE max impact. However, if you even think you're going to need to remove it, like pretty much ANY outsert will need to be, id use a low temp "hot" melt. I have gotten outserts removed using the max impact, but its definitely easy to mess up an arrow.

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Gorilla glue works well it is very strong and the 10 second stuff is no joke.
I just glued a couple of fingers together tonight while fletching.
Acetone, gas, brake cleaner don't work. Eventually I used a havalon blade to carefully separate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Another for the Gorrilla brand super glue. I've had outserts come off my Zelors with the two part epoxy, but I've never lost one with the super glue.

And mine are the exact opposite. Never had a 2-part epoxy insert come loose in 10 years even shooting them into concrete, but have had inserts come out that were put in with the Gorilla super glue.

brocksw

WKR
I've really liked PC-7 2 part epoxy. Super tough and as an added bonus it's a heavy epoxy so it adds a little weight up front.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Loctite G02 Glue has worked perfectly for me on several dozen arrows so far, have had several of my previous broadheads (WASP Jackhammers) break completely off in my 18-1 and the inserts never budged. 1.75 FL Oz tubes for like $10 at Lowes could easily glue several hundred inserts if not more probably.

lintond

WKR
I had 3 HITs come loose last weekend with hot melt in my BE rampage shooting 3D. Trying gorilla glue now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2blade

WKR
I use plain gorilla glue but if you plan on ever removing the insert I'd use a hot melt.

Craig4791

WKR
Hot melt. Stopped having problems with losing inserts years ago since switching from glue.