Hamskea Versa Rest with Full Containment

Craig4791

WKR
Looks like its a big containment like the TT FC Pro. Ill be sticking with my QAD I'm not sure how a large containment like that really helps as the shaft is just going to flop around in there and make noise by then it's all over.

Maybe I'm missing something?

OP
Bowhuntr64
Looks like its a big containment like the TT FC Pro. Ill be sticking with my QAD I'm not sure how a large containment like that really helps as the shaft is just going to flop around in there and make noise by then it's all over.

Well, that's partly true. But if you put moleskin around the inside of the containment ring, it won't make noise. It's a lot better than no containment ring. You can also still use one of those rubber arrow grippers on your riser as well.

Last edited:
Ideally your draw should be smooth and the arrow shouldn't be bouncing around. If it is possibly too tight of a nock? I have two of the normal hamskeas and have no issue with arrow comin off the rest

OP
Bowhuntr64
Ideally your draw should be smooth and the arrow shouldn't be bouncing around. If it is possibly too tight of a nock? I have two of the normal hamskeas and have no issue with arrow comin off the rest

I agree...but that is "ideally." I have been known to get excited sometimes and have my draw not be quite as smooth as it was at the practice range :) It can also bounce around sometimes as I let down the arrow, after coming to full draw.

Craig4791

WKR
I agree...but that is "ideally." I have been known to get excited sometimes and have my draw not be quite as smooth as it was at the practice range :) It can also bounce around sometimes as I let down the arrow, after coming to full draw.

Agree and that's why i like my QAD. It takes away all of those "IFs" and allows me to stalk with an arrow knocked with no worries which is the main reason i have the QAD. Although i do worry sometimes about the launcher being plastic, wish it was al.

If Hamskea or another company made something comparable to a QAD design containment but limb driven i think it would sell like hot cakes!

i personally wouldn't touch a QAD with a 10 foot poll but to each his own. Plus the RKT cams shoot better with a limb driven rest over a cable. I have never used a containment style rest and I don't have any plans of using them anytime soon.

The guys at Hamskea are hunters but they are TARGET archers FIRST. Which means they demand the most out of their equipment when it comes down to accuracy, durability, and consistency. That's why its on my bow.

When the guys at QAD tell me:

Well we aren't trying to hit dots at 50 yds we are simply trying to hit vitals on an animal. (YES I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP) In response to us asking about the consistency and accuracy of their rests.

The Hamskea VS Limb driver:

Few things here. Limb driver has ONE operation. To the top limb. While the Hamskea has 5 (FIVE!!!). Top limb, bottom limb, up cable, down cable, and target blade. The other major difference in the limb system is Hamskea's spring coil to help dampen the blade oscillation after the shot ( in a nutshell ).

J-Daddy -- I do like your comparison though!!!!

J-Daddy

WKR
i personally wouldn't touch a QAD with a 10 foot poll but to each his own. Plus the RKT cams shoot better with a limb driven rest over a cable. I have never used a containment style rest and I don't have any plans of using them anytime soon.

The guys at Hamskea are hunters but they are TARGET archers FIRST. Which means they demand the most out of their equipment when it comes down to accuracy, durability, and consistency. That's why its on my bow.

When the guys at QAD tell me:

Well we aren't trying to hit dots at 50 yds we are simply trying to hit vitals on an animal. (YES I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP) In response to us asking about the consistency and accuracy of their rests.

The Hamskea VS Limb driver:

Few things here. Limb driver has ONE operation. To the top limb. While the Hamskea has 5 (FIVE!!!). Top limb, bottom limb, up cable, down cable, and target blade. The other major difference in the limb system is Hamskea's spring coil to help dampen the blade oscillation after the shot ( in a nutshell ).

J-Daddy -- I do like your comparison though!!!!

Evan, once again I agree with you....You will NOT see a QAD rest on my bows, been there & done that...After I went through 3 of them in a few months time I figured that ship had sailed for me...I've had more issues with them any other rest on the market and seen issues on to many peoples bows with them.

The other plus to the Versa Rest over the Limb Driver is the launcher blade arm is supported by bearings on both end, no slop in it like the LD's...Not to mention the tightest machining tolerances you'll find on an arrow rest.

vcb

WKR
Do you guys think full cont is a necessity. My old bow has the trophy taker on it w/ no ring. The advantage to the ring I could see in mule deer hunting out in the eastern plains of co. Belly crawling in the sand it would be nice to have the ring. What other advantages are there that I am missing?

J-Daddy

WKR
Do you guys think full cont is a necessity. My old bow has the trophy taker on it w/ no ring. The advantage to the ring I could see in mule deer hunting out in the eastern plains of co. Belly crawling in the sand it would be nice to have the ring. What other advantages are there that I am missing?
It's gotten blown way out of proportion I think...It's nice to have but not a MUST HAVE for me.
Browse around on Archerytalk for awhile, I swear if QAD went out of business tomorrow half the guys on that site would stop hunting cause they say they CAN NOT hunt without a rest with full containment that locks up & stays up when you let down. I don't need it, killed way more critters without it than with it.
The 3 most over hyped things in archery right now are=
1= Full containment rests
2= Super short AtoA length bows
3= HHA slider sights

OP
Bowhuntr64

I don't think it's a necessity at all. Does it have it's advantages? Yes...setting the bow in your lap while you're in a tree stand, stalking an animal, making sure your arrow doesn't bounce onto the riser in an excited moment of drawing, or letting down. If you can get the top rest made either with it or without it, why not get it with it?

ckleeves

WKR
I don't think it's a necessity at all. Does it have it's advantages? Yes...setting the bow in your lap while you're in a tree stand, stalking an animal, making sure your arrow doesn't bounce onto the riser in an excited moment of drawing, or letting down. If you can get the top rest made either with it or without it, why not get it with it?

That's how I feel about it. Not necessary by any means, but why not?

J-Daddy

WKR
Oh I agree, if your buying a Versa Rest in '13 to go on a hunting bow I'd for sure go with the Capture model they have coming out...

DesertRat

FNG
I WANT TO SEE THE PICS NOW!!!!!! LOL
Looks like I might be buying another Hamskea sometime in the near future.

A Rokslide exclusive sneak peek for you guys....More pictures to come today at the show. Check the Hamskea FaceBook page for updates later today.

Attachments

• Containment.jpg
    Containment.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 61

Maxhunter

WKR
Yeah I heard they were making one? I might have to get one for my new G3 Element. Can't wait to see the pictures?

Gman

WKR
Question - can the containment piece be removed if you wanted? That would make it a no brainier for me.

J-Daddy

WKR
Question - can the containment piece be removed if you wanted? That would make it a no brainier for me.
Not sure but from the look of the pic DesertRat just posted above it looks like it just bolts on....If you enlarge that pic you can see the bolt on top of the windage block that looks like it holds the containment ring on.

trkyslr

WKR

Yup you are... Most guys use the "u" shaped shelf piece provided with felt that keeps the arrow from "flop"ing around.