Black Eagle Rampage or Victory VAP?

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about switching arrows this year. I've been shooting FMJ's for years but have heard great things about the Black Eagle Rampage and the Victory VAP. Especially for those looking to achieve a higher FOC. What do you guys like/dislike about each shaft?

Thanks,

Drew

I just made the switch to the Rampages. So far nothing to complain about. They hold up very well and I'm glad I made the switch.

I would go with the Rampage. All indications are they are a very very consistent spined arrow for a very large part of the circumfrance versus maybe 1/8 to 1/4 of the shaft on most others. I am also a firm believer the 0.204" inside diameter arrows have far superior insert options than the 0.166" inside diameter arrows. The black eagle stainless inserts are great. Everyone I know who trys VAPs likes the diameter alot but they always get frustrated by the constant bending of the inserts. The new ones are far better than the original but they still bend. The stainless inserts for the VAPs are so heavy I think it makes the point on the carbon shaft right behind the insert the weak point and that is usually where I see them break or mush out. The 0.204" diameter I think is a great compromise of durability and advantages of a smaller diameter shaft.

Trial153

WKR
I would use rampages with brass hits and flanged VPA collars....I can't stand outserts and half outs.

Yooper

WKR
I would use rampages with brass hits and flanged VPA collars....I can't stand outserts and half outs.

I'd do the same after shooting Rampages with the Firenock half-out inserts. The only complaints I had about the arrows was losing a few inserts targets. Could be user error I suppose on assembly, but it was enough for me to get away from outserts all together.

I'd do the same after shooting Rampages with the Firenock half-out inserts. The only complaints I had about the arrows was losing a few inserts targets. Could be user error I suppose on assembly, but it was enough for me to get away from outserts all together.

Don't worry wasn't just you. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

OP
S

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
So what would be the advantage of an outsert anyhow? One thing that has always upset me about the FMJ's is they seem real fragile. Doesn't take much to tear those things wide open like a soda can. do they outserts help protect the shafts at all?

Trial153

WKR
I haven't found an advantage. I've been using HIT's for the past 10 years. I haven't found a good outsert/shaft setup that I've liked yet.

I am on the same boat. I tried more then I can remember, gold tip, Vaps, firenocks , BEA ....the stainless materials, the aluminum ones. I haven't found any outserts or half outs that I felt were reliable enough.

I haven't found an advantage. I've been using HIT's for the past 10 years. I haven't found a good outsert/shaft setup that I've liked yet.

Yep was my go to after the outsert fiasco. Never again and like the HIT.

I am on the same boat. I tried more then I can remember, gold tip, Vaps, firenocks , BEA ....the stainless materials, the aluminum ones. I haven't found any outserts or half outs that I felt were reliable enough.

Mine wasnt reliable. But i "didn't install them correctlly" yada yada and apparently half or 2/3's of the other owners of them didn't either. The new gold tips interest me but I'm content with my rampages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

I've been shooting rampage and deep impact since they came out. I shot everyday in to Rhinehearts and have yet to loose an outcret both old styles sleeve and new SS out/in Cert.

My only complaint was the blk eagle deep impact nocks suxed and break easy, my new set is much better since they changed them up.

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the VAP v3's for a couple years now. I dislike outserts, and had a lot of arrows break with them, so I switched my arrows to the HIT inserts designed for the easton injexion. To get a higher foc I double stacked them and it has worked really well for me.

Bughalli

WKR
I'll add that I've been using the Deep 6 incerts with my VAPS. Not the outcerts. No issues at all. No bending of the incert or splintering of the end when a solid object is hit. Last month I was shooting a 3D course in the woods. Managed to wack a tree pretty solid. Still no issues. Ironically, I thought about ordering the newer stainless outcerts just to see how they perform. My arrow is currently 420gr, but I wouldn't mind adding more weight for elk and not being limited to only broadheads that support Deep 6. No complaints, just like more flexibility.

I've used both.... Like was said I wasn't a fan of the VAP outserts. I just switched from the rampage shafts to kinetic Kaos shaft because the rampage shafts were so brittle..... I had a lot of them crack and break just by shooting tight groups.... On the plus side the kids got a lot of new arrows...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I just switched from the rampage shafts to kinetic Kaos shaft because the rampage shafts were so brittle..... I had a lot of them crack and break just by shooting tight groups....

The Kinetics are some of the least durable arrows I've shot, and I'm shooting the 200's. I also have some Rampage 250's.

The Kinetics are some of the least durable arrows I've shot, and I'm shooting the 200's. I also have some Rampage 250's.

Interesting. I haven't had any issues with them so far. I am using a 300 spine in both. I've busted nocks on the Kaos and the arrow hasn't shown any damage at all....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davebuech

WKR
I've been shooting the Kinetic Kaos 340 spine at 460 grains and finding these VERY durable! Have shot small game, bounced them off rocks, stuck em in trees and put em through all kinds of abuse. Have broken off part or all of 4 Montec G5 SGH (No I don't recommend those), but the Kaos keeps on going without any damage.
Im also shooting some BE Rampage, 300 spine (460 grain). IMO, they do not hold up as well. Straight as heck though!

murf45

WKR
I've been shooting the rampages in .300 spine with the brass insert. They fly great and I've had zero issues with durability. The only arrows I've lost have been robin hoods. If you can't find a dealer south shore archery was great to work with.