Black Eagle Rampage or Victory VAP?

OP
S

Steeliedrew

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input guys. Seems like there's pretty much equal love/hate across the board for VAP, Rampage, and the Gold Tip Pierce and kinetic shafts. Also, I've gathered that hardly anyone likes the outserts. Haha. I like the Gold Tip FACT weight system from what I've seen. Could I use those in the rampages? I guess I've got some more research to do before deciding on a dozen. I'll also have to take into account what broadheads I want to shoot. I've been shooting G5 strikers for the past couple years with the FMJ's. Will those fit on the Above mentioned arrows or am I going to have to run with deep six compatible broadheads?

Thanks for the info guys. I'm a little behind the times with the more technical side of archery. I've always just bought arrows, had em fletched, never worried about nock tuning, FOC, or any of that stuff. It was a Gritty Bowmen podcast where Brian interviewed Cory from XXX Archery that got me a lot more interested in the more technical side of things. I want to begin taking more ownership in my setup as Cory says. Starting with building arrows and minor bow tuning until I'm fully self sufficient with my equipment.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've busted nocks on the Kaos and the arrow hasn't shown any damage at all....

Are you using the nock bushings? I'm shooting the Kinetic XT's. Perhaps that's why they went to the Kaos with the bushings and collars.....to help keep them together. I lost three arrows this spring in 3D just from slapping arrows together. Four more broke hitting hard stuff or passing through targets, and I just started shooting this dozen last year. I still have my original dozen Trophy Ridge Crush 300's that I shot exclusively for 7 years. Great arrows, but my Freak prefers the stiffer spine.

Are you using the nock bushings? I'm shooting the Kinetic XT's. Perhaps that's why they went to the Kaos with the bushings and collars.....to help keep them together. I lost three arrows this spring in 3D just from slapping arrows together. Four more broke hitting hard stuff or passing through targets, and I just started shooting this dozen last year. I still have my original dozen Trophy Ridge Crush 300's that I shot exclusively for 7 years. Great arrows, but my Freak prefers the stiffer spine.

Yes these do have the bushings. They have been good for me so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk