D loop material

desertcj

WKR
I use BCY 24. I have noticed that some colors melt into a ball on the ends better than others. I believe this is the cause of the infamous mouth punch. I've noticed the knots slipping over time, especially if you don't have a good melted ball on the ends of the loop material. For what it's worth....I use silver.

worx53

WKR
There is a great knotless loop called " the original knotless loop" made in Wyoming by R Enterprises. You have to remove your string to install it and it is tough to install over a row of speed knocks however I put one on every bow I get when I install a better string. I've never seen even a single strand come loose and have full confidence of zero problems with this product. I shoot heavy poundage and had plenty of mouth punches before I found these. Their number is 307-354-7306. I am not affiliated at all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

worx53

WKR
Here's a pic of the R Enterprises knotless loop
013b291235781ea7cc1029e92a7bd62b.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Here's a new one I just put on about a month ago, and one that has close to 30k shots on it. That one needs replacing, even though it still seems to work fine. D-loops are like timing belts........they can look great until the day they break. But this one is showing wear and breaking down right at the pinch point.

Edit: It reversed my photos for some reason. The second one is the new one.

Attachments

• 100_3494.jpg
    100_3494.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_3493.jpg
    100_3493.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 57

kicker338

WKR
Though I've got a boat load of bcy d loop material I gotta say the pine ridge stuff is pretty darn good. Most of the pine ridge products are bottom end stuff but their d loop material is right up there with all the other top material.

boom

WKR
i found a wad of this CAMO colored stuff in my bowbag. super stiff. it was tough to get a small D-loop tied. i'm a rookie. i still dont have a feel for what the final product is gonna be once i pull it all tight. but i got it done yesterday..in my garage, on the hottest day of the week. i got a great loop tied..

i'll dont love my burned ball ends..i'll give them a look closely today, with a magnifying glass if need be to suss it out.

Question: how long do you like your D-loops to be? i got mine down to half inch. made my bow seem to fit me better.