D loop material

robtattoo

WKR
New to compounds.....

My D loop is starting to get a little worn. I'm assuming from a tiny burr on my release, as it's only been shot maybe 500 times since I bought it last year.
I know how to install & tie in the loop, but I was wondering if someone could advise me on what material I need. There seems to be a few choices out there.....

BCY #24 is what I and most everyone I know uses, you should be able to get it at any archery shop, just have em cut you like 10 ft, should be good to go for the season at least. If not eBay sells it as well.

In my experience flo colors don't seem to hold as well. I'm not sure if it's the die or what but they tend to spin more then just the plain black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy the all black or green and black tightly woven slick outer coating rope stuff. All others that I have tried have all frayed soon and after switching to this stuff its been fine, I only change a loop when I change a string or need to re-tune for something. The bright loop material just seems too soft and wears fast. One self-punch in the mouth made me switch materials.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't even know what it is, I think it's BCY but it's the camo cord that archery shops sell. I've seen a lot of stuff that's really flimsy out there and I'd never use that. The camo stuff is very stiff and keeps it's shape and lasts longer than the string does. After a few years and 10's of 1000's of shots it still looks good as new.

Trial153

WKR
BCY or pine ridge are both very good. I concur with black and white cord seeming to hold up better then colored cord. Not sure why but it be consistently noticeable

Jay03

WKR
I don't even know what it is, I think it's BCY but it's the camo cord that archery shops sell. I've seen a lot of stuff that's really flimsy out there and I'd never use that. The camo stuff is very stiff and keeps it's shape and lasts longer than the string does. After a few years and 10's of 1000's of shots it still looks good as new.

Sounds like you might be describing the winners choice D-loop material. That stuff is amazing. I have nearly twice the use on the winners choice as I would get out of BCY #24. Which is good stuff but the winners choice is tops.

OR Archer

WKR
Sounds like you might be describing the winners choice D-loop material. That stuff is amazing. I have nearly twice the use on the winners choice as I would get out of BCY #24. Which is good stuff but the winners choice is tops.

That is the best loop material. It will usually out last your bow string. The Pine Ridge material would be my second choice then BCY.

what about those metal d loops? I was using my uncles hoyt charger these last few weeks and he has one of those metal d loops on there. It seemed that my string was always getting twisted though.. don't know if that was the loop or the string was twisted.

Trial153

WKR
what about those metal d loops? I was using my uncles hoyt charger these last few weeks and he has one of those metal d loops on there. It seemed that my string was always getting twisted though.. don't know if that was the loop or the string was twisted.

They suck. Last thing you need is another piece of metal on your string osculating all over. Not to mention that it adds zero forgiveness for torquing the string with your release

I buy the all black or green and black tightly woven slick outer coating rope stuff. All others that I have tried have all frayed soon and after switching to this stuff its been fine, I only change a loop when I change a string or need to re-tune for something. The bright loop material just seems too soft and wears fast. One self-punch in the mouth made me switch materials.

This happened to me last night! I'll be looking for new materials today. Is there anything new and improved out there since this post was started? I contacted Lawson at Lawson Equipment to see if any of his cordage has ever been tested in the archery world. I'm anxiously awaiting a response.

Does anyone know what the break strength of the BCY 24 or Winners Choice material is? I know it ranges from 1-2mm, but that's about all I could find.

boom

WKR
i'm using RED bcy 24 and it is holding up okay. i'll probably tie in a new black one soon..just in case. i hate punching myself in the face..even if i deserve it.

i'm using RED bcy 24 and it is holding up okay. i'll probably tie in a new black one soon..just in case. i hate punching myself in the face..even if i deserve it.

I was reading a post last night while icing my lip, and found that a lot of people feel the colored material doesn't hold up as well as the black. Not sure if there is any truth to this, but some thought that it may have something to do with the dye that's used. I was using flo yellow.

Gumbo

WKR
I use the bcy d braid loop. It is tougher than the #24

I will second this. And add that it cinches down tighter because it is a slightly smaller diameter than #24 so I get zero rotation from slippage. I don't like the Pine Ridge material, too stiff and it rotates too much. Never used the winners choice D braid.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
BCY D Braid is the best I have used. It has the right amount of flexibility to help eliminate string torque but holds up exceptionally well. I like white or black the best.