Easton or black eagle arrows???

Brandon Guitierez

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at staightness and hyper accuracy. Shooting 29.5" draw @ 70 lbs. Hear great things about both manufacturers. Which way should i go?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

DEW0341

WKR
Black eagle Spartans .300 spine for me. just bought another dozen. spin tested at 32" not one shaft has wobble in it. cut down to 29" with slick tricks and gravediggers still no wobble. had my buddy test 2 dozen with his ram tester deal and only 1 out 24 was .002 straightness. all the rest right at .001, in fact the shop he works at doesn't carry them and he said he has never seen such straight arrows per the dozen from any manufacturer. I started with Easton's, went to Gold Tip now I'm a black eagle fan boy. components are very nice as well. leaps and bounds better than the GT components I had with some Pro Hunters a year ago.

OP
Brandon Guitierez

Brandon Guitierez

Lil-Rokslider
Black eagle Spartans .300 spine for me. just bought another dozen. spin tested at 32" not one shaft has wobble in it. cut down to 29" with slick tricks and gravediggers still no wobble. had my buddy test 2 dozen with his ram tester deal and only 1 out 24 was .002 straightness. all the rest right at .001, in fact the shop he works at doesn't carry them and he said he has never seen such straight arrows per the dozen from any manufacturer. I started with Easton's, went to Gold Tip now I'm a black eagle fan boy. components are very nice as well. leaps and bounds better than the GT components I had with some Pro Hunters a year ago.
Thats the kind of feedback I need! Thanks bro. I shoot 29" arrows too. I was looking at the spartans, zombie slayers, and x-impact arrows. Lots of guys tought the fmj's, but black eagle seems to be the better brand when it comes to straightness, just sucks cause i cant go to the bow shop to buy them. Have to order

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

JeremyB

FNG

I use 29.5 in arrows, 65lb draw, and gonna grab 300s. Do you go 100 or 125 broadheads? I’m torn between the two.

gelton

WKR
I use 29.5 in arrows, 65lb draw, and gonna grab 300s. Do you go 100 or 125 broadheads? I’m torn between the two.

With a 65lb bow you are just a tad overspined, a heavier broadhead would help even that out. If you are chasing FOC, you might also want to look at adding a weighted brass insert as well.

gelton

WKR
Another vote for the BE Spartans. I tested about 4 different combos over the last several years and was happy to finally find one that I am going to stick with.

Gumbo

WKR
Black Eagle Rampages for me for the last 2 years. They are leaps and bounds superior in straightness and consistency to .003 Easton Axis or GT Kaos, although they MIGHT not be as durable as Axis shafts, but I don't haven't any issues with breakage. I do use Easton HIT inserts in my Rampages though (I don't trust outserts). I'm a 28.5-29 inch draw at 70 pounds, with 28-inch shafts (I might go to 28.5 or 29 inches on my next batch), 300 spine, 75 grain HITs, and 100 grain tips. They seem to tune pretty well for me and I get good, consistent flight out to 90 yards (that's as far as I can shoot. I am using 4-fletch Vanetec V-Max 2.5-inch vanes with no wrap and an X nock. Finished weight is right about 455 grains.

Gumbo

WKR
With a 65lb bow you are just a tad overspined, a heavier broadhead would help even that out. If you are chasing FOC, you might also want to look at adding a weighted brass insert as well.

I shot a 350 spine, 60 pounds at 28 inch draw, with a 28 inch Rampage shaft and 50 grain HIT and 100 point tip, acted weak and didn't really want to tune or fly well for me. Went to a 300 with 75 grain insert and was golden. I shoot the same arrow 70 pounds and it tunes there as well. I'm not an expert but I'd try 300 spine in your case based on my results.

I just had Jerry at South Shore Archery whip me up some new Black Eagle Spartans 300 spine in a 4 fletch and 3 fletch to test the difference in fletching. He said they're the best hunting arrows on the market right now and I would have to agree. Great tolerances, GPI allows for some awesome FOC compared to the FMJ's (added a 30grain weight) and I much prefer the tip insert system on the Black Eagle Spartans over the HIT on the FMJ 5mm or 4mm D6. I'm running a Halon 32 5" BH @ 72lbs 28.5" DL by the way, I was using Easton Injexions before but Archers Advantage Online told me I was underspined, the Black Eagle spartan came in perfect for what I want out of a hunting arrow, see picture.

I'll post up when I get them finished from Jerry

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 7.48.03 AM.jpg

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered up 2 dozen 300 spine match grade axis and put 50 gr brass inserts up front. I love them. I’m shooting a Mathews Halon 32 at 72#, 28” DL, 6” BH and I cut my arrows to 29”.I’ve always thought the axis was a tough arrow but I have no expierience with the Black Eagles.

The straightness can be bought at .001 by most reputable manufacturers out there today.. But the consistency of the spine along the shaft is where I personally feel BE excels.
I shoot the X Impacts, 250, with 60 grain ss outsert up front and 125 gr tips. My arrows are right around 500 gr.
Some don't like the outsert technology. There is little room for the arrow shaft to fit into the outsert on the SS outserts for sure. But I have not seen that a problem for me yet.

I shot Axis before, FMJ , Elite, VAP, Gold Tip, all sorts of them, and they are all great choices.
But the consistency of the BE arrows is noticeable enough for me to stick with them.
I am now playing with fletching count, placement and orientation.
It seems to never end is fun trying perfect what works best for me.

You will have to decide the same.

The straightness can be bought at .001 by most reputable manufacturers out there today.. But the consistency of the spine along the shaft is where I personally feel BE excels.
I shoot the X Impacts, 250, with 60 grain ss outsert up front and 125 gr tips. My arrows are right around 500 gr.
Some don't like the outsert technology. There is little room for the arrow shaft to fit into the outsert on the SS outserts for sure. But I have not seen that a problem for me yet.

I shot Axis before, FMJ , Elite, VAP, Gold Tip, all sorts of them, and they are all great choices.
But the consistency of the BE arrows is noticeable enough for me to stick with them.
I am now playing with fletching count, placement and orientation.
It seems to never end is fun trying perfect what works best for me.

You will have to decide the same.

Are you testing the spine consistency with a spine tester?

I have not personally, but watching a vid from Corey Miller and (XXX Archery) some others who did, and commenting on the consistency of the spine being unmatched in the industry.

HookUp

WKR
No experience with Easton but have spent a lot of time shooting .003 300 black eagle spartan's. If my pin is on the dot when my release breaks it will be an X out to 60 yards. Groups are all tight, I cant complain and have no reason to switch. I started with Gold tip 340s and never got them to group that great. I might build some rampage arrows and do some testing. I have heard good things about BE Outlaws but I prefer a mid-smaller shaft for wind resistance.