What rest?

I know this has been beaten to death like always, but I'm having a hard time deciding on if I should keep my HDX on my Nitrum T or go with a new Smackdown pro? I'll be getting it set up this weekend.I have an older Smackdown but it's so big and bulky I'm not a big fan of it on the Nitrum. I feel like the new Smackdown would be a better choice but I've seen people say they had a tough time getting it to tune right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zacha79

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using a Smackdown Pro the past 4 years and upgraded to their newest model this year. I love that rest. Has always been easy to tune, and that has been on a few elites, a prime, and as of yesterday, a Hoyt. I have also only used it as a limb driven rest.

Hamskea, limbdriver pro or QAD is what I would choose. Would not have a problem putting either of those on any bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dameon

WKR
Can't go wrong with either one. I had them both and I prefer the QAD HDX. I feel that a shorter cord served into my down cable is less likely to get caught up in brush and the launcher arm gives better containment. On the other side, you don't have to deal with the thumb wheel on the limb driver and I personally think it is easier to tune.

DEHusker

WKR
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I shot QAD for years and had a couple that I could not ever tune right. Timing was really dependent on the length of the cord and I had fletching contact issues because of it.

This year, I went to a Hamskea Hunter Microtune limbdriven and LOVE it. It is so easy to tune and its almost impossible for the timing to be off. Plus, the thing is built like a tank. It's a bit heavier than the QAD but not by much. Also, I was super concerned that the driver cord would be vulnerable to damage as it seemingly sticks out a bit but it's entirely covered by my tightspot and arrows so it's protected. Just my .02.

dacd4134

Lil-Rokslider
I was super concerned that the driver cord would be vulnerable to damage as it seemingly sticks out a bit

This has always been my worry. Has anyone actually had a problem with their drive cable getting hung on anything or damaged while hunting?

DEHusker

WKR
I do know someone who somehow broke their drive cable one time. However the upside of the drive cable for something like a Hamskea is that it is super easy to repair in the field. This guy just used a boot lace to re-rig it and it was good to go again. No need for a bow press or anything. No need to figure out the timing either. If I would have broken my QAD cord in the field, it would have been tough to repair without a cable clamp or bow press. In any case, it's pretty rare to break any of the cords in the field.

This has always been my worry. Has anyone actually had a problem with their drive cable getting hung on anything or damaged while hunting?

zacha79

Lil-Rokslider
After being reminded by some of the comments, I would also suggest trying the new Hamskea Hunter Pro. I may be trying that one soon

Acomm34

FNG
Vapor Trail makes a sweet limb driven micro adjust rest. It isn't full capture but they offer an arm with forks on it to help keep your arrow in place. Micro Elite is the name I beleive

OP
H
thanks for the replies guys, im gonna take a look at some of the ones mentioned, ive played with the hamskea before, but not the vapor trails. I have an HDX but just feel like its not as reliable as other rests ive had in the past.

OR Archer

WKR
I'm really not a fan of the Hdx on the Turbo. I've set plenty of them up and compared to a good limb driven rest they are a bit more of a PIA to get to tune. Not saying it won't tune just a bit harder. Smackdown Pro is my preferred rest. Limbdriver Pro V is a solid choice as well. Hamskea is another.

I'm really not a fan of the Hdx on the Turbo. I've set plenty of them up and compared to a good limb driven rest they are a bit more of a PIA to get to tune. Not saying it won't tune just a bit harder. Smackdown Pro is my preferred rest. Limbdriver Pro V is a solid choice as well. Hamskea is another.

I have bitched and complained about my QAD on my turbo spyder elsewhere so I won't rehash that. Not a bad rest. Had it for a year. Cranked up the speed on my bow and could not get it tuned.

I am a week into my limb driver and I won't be going back to a non limb driven rest. Hameska and smackdown were in my consideration but I went with what my dealer had on hand. Looking forward to fielding it this season.

DEHusker

WKR
I have bitched and complained about my QAD on my turbo spyder elsewhere so I won't rehash that. Not a bad rest. Had it for a year. Cranked up the speed on my bow and could not get it tuned.

I am a week into my limb driver and I won't be going back to a non limb driven rest. Hameska and smackdown were in my consideration but I went with what my dealer had on hand. Looking forward to fielding it this season.

Exactly my sentiments! I won't be going back from Hamskea. Super solid, easy to tune.

Gumbo

WKR
I went to the Hamskea Hunter Microtune this year too and it has performed great (once I figured out where to position the cable on the limb to get the launcher to rise properly). I was also concerned about the cable getting damaged, but as has already been said it is covered by my tight spot. The only thing I don't like about the Hamskea Hunter is that the launcher gets significantly worn, and continues to wear with every adjustment. And it does make some noise. After fighting with the break in/tune launcher wear and noise for too long I bit the bullet and fixed both problems by ordering the felt launcher cover from hamskea. Fixed both issues perfectly.