Anyone run Max Stealth Vanes?

Mike Free

FNG
Anyone use the max stealth vanes from AAE? i ran the Elite 260 vanes for a while and loved them but was wanting to try a 4 Fletch so i went with Fusion x vanes and didn't have much luck. I have Max stealth vanes on the way, how do they hold up, Steer bh, Ect? I will be using the MAX bond because ive had good luck with it in the past when making my friends arrows W/ 4 Fletch Pro max vanes.

Trial153

WKR
I am running all TT Max stealth this year. Aae makes them for TT..
great vane, quite and really stabilizes the big fixed blade heads I prefer. Haven't had any issue with them at all. I use a modified helical blitz clamp and impact super glue for adhesive.

I've used the Trophy Taker version for the past two years with great results. They fly great and are much quieter than blazers or max hunters

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
was wanting to try a 4 Fletch so i went with Fusion x vanes and didn't have much luck.

I tried the 4-fletch Fusion Xii 2.1" vanes this year and they work great. But then again, even in a 3-fletch they work just as well from my testing.

The second pic is the blue 4-fletch and the pink is the 3" 3-fletch.

Attachments

• 100_2994.jpg
    100_2994.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_2992.jpg
    100_2992.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 85

Neil B

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot them. Steer my Vipertricks well with a moderate helical out of a bitz. Ebay has some decent prices, and black ovis has 100 packs in some colors. I find them to be durable, very quiet, and give me more rest clearance through a Pro V than the higher profile max hunters. I prep shafts with denatured alcohol and use AAE Max Bond.

I fletched 6 arrows w AAE max stealth & 6 arrows w pine ridge nitro vanes this summer to compare. Same process, same time, same glue. By September vanes had come off of each of the aae arrows (not from contact - no marks on the vanes, but as the flew down range), while the nitro vanes are still going strong. I'm guessing there was some sort of material on the base of the AAE vanes that wasnt on the Nitro vanes. My arrows are now all wearing the nitro vanes. Quiet (the aae were too), group well, & stay on.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Love the AAE vanes.
I tested the Stealth against the Pro Max in a 3 and 4 fletch this spring. Ended up staying with the Pro Max but with a 4 fletch and a slight offset. The only down side I could see of the stealth is more weight at rear of shaft, less clearance due to a higher profile and more drag (long range groups were more prone to wind drift).
If you are shooting a giant fixed blade BH, you may want that drag though.