What is everyone Shooting now days?

Tag_Soup

WKR
I have a carbon spider 34. Great bow, but if I had it to do over again I'd probably not throw down the extra money for carbon.

I shot the original carbon element and at the time I believe the Vector was a 3 oz weight penalty to save $400(if I recall correctly). I decided for $133.33/oz, I could probably find ounces more affordable in my sleep system, cook system, and how I packed my food.

If funds were unlimited, I would love a carbon riser bow. They seem quieter and there is the obvious weight savings. From an engineering perspective, removing weight from the center gives the bow a higher moment of inertia, which makes it more stable(doesn't torque as badly).

I think instead of getting a new bow, I will try a Trophy Taker Quivalizer. This should trim 1.2 lbs off my current setup, mostly through removing my stabilizer, for $200. If it works as claimed in regards to stabilizing and centering my bow, it will be money well spent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dameon

WKR
Blacked out 2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo for me. I'm hoping to add a 2016 Hoyt Defiant Turbo soon, but I can't find a left-handed one new or used anywhere right now. I can't afford the premium for carbon and I prefer the riser design of the 2016 Hoyt's versus the 2017s. The #3 Hoyt cams did not change this year.

TheTone

WKR
Hoyt Alphamax 32; it has been an awesome bow for me. I do think I may be upgrading this winter to a new Carbon Defiant 34

Since you are open to companies, try and shoot an Athens. Very good bows from a smaller but great company.

kodiakfly

WKR
2015 CST, but really trying to talk myself out of a Defiant Pro Turbo. But I still have my 2013 CE and hell, my old Carbonite Hoyts that I still mess with and shoot. I guess my point is, I keep 95% of the bows I buy and they all still shoot and maybe not the best on a mountain ridge, but for sure for whitetails back in the Midwest, a 20 year old bow still kills just fine.

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
08/09 Hoyt Katera. Very happy with this bow and after shooting some of the new bows, I'm not yet convinced to shoot anything else. Haven't tried the Obsession Bows yet and really want to shoot the Halon 32.

08/09 Hoyt Katera. Very happy with this bow and after shooting some of the new bows, I'm not yet convinced to shoot anything else. Haven't tried the Obsession Bows yet and really want to shoot the Halon 32.
You won't be beating the Katera for smooth. My Katera XL is my backup bow and won't be leaving me any time soon.

4ester

WKR
2011 Carbon Element Blackout here. Just put some new strings and cables on it (by High Alpine Archery) and hope to get a number of years out of it yet.

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
You won't be beating the Katera for smooth. My Katera XL is my backup bow and won't be leaving me any time soon.

Exactly why I'm hesitant to drop $$$ on a new bow when everything I've shot is the same or worse than the Katera. There are definitely faster and quieter bows, but the Katera is no slouch in those areas either. When I do get a new bow, the Katera will be my backup, it ain't going nowhere.

I bought one of the Cabelas branded bows made by Bowtech and I just love it! The Fortitude L has a great price point and fits me very well