What is everyone Shooting now days?

Sodbuster

WKR
Rocked a new Bowtech every year till last. Bought a Hoyt Carbon Matrix.Replaced the roller guard with a custom cable slide and had it and a nightspot dipped in Highlander. Love It.
Picked up a 2015 Carbon Spyder Turbo ZT. It is getting decorated in ATAC right now.
Not sure which will be the back up.
Really like the carbon.

Rocked a new Bowtech every year till last. Bought a Hoyt Carbon Matrix.Replaced the roller guard with a custom cable slide and had it and a nightspot dipped in Highlander. Love It.
Picked up a 2015 Carbon Spyder Turbo ZT. It is getting decorated in ATAC right now.
Not sure which will be the back up.
Really like the carbon.

Yeah that 2015 Spyder Turbo is a sweet shooter. It should look pretty sweet once you get it dipped. I'd love to see some photos once its done.

Pramo

WKR
2014 Carbon Spyder Turbo #3 and it is just an awesome bow I cant say enough good things about this one
2015 Nitrum 34 #3 that I just got as leftover stock

wncbrewer

Lil-Rokslider
I shot the original carbon element and at the time I believe the Vector was a 3 oz weight penalty to save $400(if I recall correctly). I decided for $133.33/oz, I could probably find ounces more affordable in my sleep system, cook system, and how I packed my food.

If funds were unlimited, I would love a carbon riser bow. They seem quieter and there is the obvious weight savings. From an engineering perspective, removing weight from the center gives the bow a higher moment of inertia, which makes it more stable(doesn't torque as badly).

I think instead of getting a new bow, I will try a Trophy Taker Quivalizer. This should trim 1.2 lbs off my current setup, mostly through removing my stabilizer, for $200. If it works as claimed in regards to stabilizing and centering my bow, it will be money well spent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be interested to hear what you think of that quivalizer. Looks awkward as all hell for getting around in the woods to me, but I'm very intrigued by the idea of it. I am
Constantly tweaking stabilization on my hunting bow. Running 10"/8 oz off the front and 12"/8 oz off the back. Couldn't hardly get more awkward than that.

right now, Alpine Frontier circa 07 or 08
next year--halon, centurgy, CST w/ Z5 cam, maybe defiant, and whatever Elite releases as I'm currently in the market

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm shooting my PSE Freak, but still have my 2006 Bowtech Old Glory, and my 2007 Bowtech Commander. All three have multiple elk kills.

OP
J
Seems about half the people on here have Hoyt's and the other half are really mixed. I am happy with the limbsaver dz-32, shoots well and kills animals. Maybe I should keep it another season and focus on getting other gear that I do need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noroads

FNG
Be interested to hear what you think of that quivalizer. Looks awkward as all hell for getting around in the woods to me, but I'm very intrigued by the idea of it. I am
Constantly tweaking stabilization on my hunting bow. Running 10"/8 oz off the front and 12"/8 oz off the back. Couldn't hardly get more awkward than that.

Prime Rival 70lb
Prime Rize soon to be 80lb

I ran a Quivalizer this year and like it a lot. Saved weight and helped balance the bow. What I didn't like was the small hood. I could barely get
all my brodheads in there. They were tightly packed some would touch each other and since I couldn't get them all deep into the hood,part of the blades would actually be exposed outside the hood.

That was the deal breaker for me, so I went back to my tight spot. If they come out with a bigger a hood I would probably buy it again.

PSE

My first PSE was in the mid 80's. Still to this day I shoot them.
DNA Dream Season, Full Throttle skull camo, Full Throttle, Reg Camo.
I like these cause I can dial them up to 70 lbs, shoot a heavier arrow with a good FOC and still be at low 300 fps. I don't think these tune real great at 330 and up, well at least not consistent, for me anyway. I like em closer to 300-305, and with narrow diameter arrows and 3 fletched blazers at 2", these are pretty darn consistent. I have killed elk out to almost 90 yrds, and Muleys well out past 70. Its on em well before they hear it, and I have yet to NOT have a pass thru. On a cow elk at 82 yrds, both ribs (not the edges either but thru the middle of them) the arrow still went completely thru, same with every animal killed with these cams on these PSE bows. It also forces me to have good form and hold tight. These aren't for everyone, but if you are not able to pull your Hoyt or Matthews at 70 anymore, but still want enough speed to fling a heavy KE type arrow, the PSE at lower draw weight is usually equivalent to others at higher weights.

OP
J
wow, three elite guys right in a row. I have been looking at the line up. I am trying to decide between a hoyt and an elite.