new PRIME centergy

has anyone here shot one yet? my nearest dealer is 100 miles away so I can't easily satisfy my curiosity. Specifically the Hybrid, stoked to see them adding 80lbs limbs to the line up.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I shot the regular Centergy the other day in my local shop. Draw was very nice, just a touch stiff, but very smooth and rolled over nicely into the valley. The bow was dead in the hand at the shop and held very well on target. Only knock to the bow is the noise at the shot. It is not loud, but it definitely has a different tone to it than most other bows. Similar to the twang from the Rize I shot last year, must have something to do with the 82X aluminum. Definitely a really nice bow, just a couple others I think are a touch better this year.

I have a Rize and have not shot the Centergy, looks interesting though. I am super happy with my Prime and would absolutely buy another again.

OP
E
Yea I have a Rival and an Elite impulse. I definitely like the prime better. I'm really curious about the centergy hybrid but sounds like it won't be out until December. Elite might be on the chopping block soon

noroads

FNG
I shot the prime Centergy yesterday. It was a 70 pound model but came in at 78 pounds which was fine because I want 80 pound limbs. I definitely think the dry cycle is relative to the person but even at 78 pounds I thought this thing Drew really easy and smooth right into the back wall with no big hump. I'm comparing that to the BTX, obsession DEF con 6m that I had in 80lb. The prime felt smoother and easier to me.

It was a 29 inch drawl length and I shoot 28 1/4". Even with it being a long draw it still felt really nice I thought it was also really really quiet. About as quiet as my rival with all the limb savers on it. Most primes Feel rock solid to me when aiming, and this one felt really good. I really want to get a site on it and I'll set up and see how it holds on target.

DEW0341

WKR
I shot the prime Centergy yesterday. It was a 70 pound model but came in at 78 pounds which was fine because I want 80 pound limbs. I definitely think the dry cycle is relative to the person but even at 78 pounds I thought this thing Drew really easy and smooth right into the back wall with no big hump. I'm comparing that to the BTX, obsession DEF con 6m that I had in 80lb. The prime felt smoother and easier to me.

It was a 29 inch drawl length and I shoot 28 1/4". Even with it being a long draw it still felt really nice I thought it was also really really quiet. About as quiet as my rival with all the limb savers on it. Most primes Feel rock solid to me when aiming, and this one felt really good. I really want to get a site on it and I'll set up and see how it holds on target.

If it had 70 pound limbs how did it come in at 78?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

What dealer are you at? Im in nor cal too

noroads

FNG
It was running over... put it on the scale to verify. It's not uncommon but that is quite a few pounds more.

ontarget7

WKR
Should have my 80# Centergy in for a full review in about 2 weeks.

noroads

FNG
I've heard primes DL run short is this correct

On My primes they run right on to 1/4" long with the draw stops in the middle position of the cams for about 80% letoff. If you want full letoff with draw stops maxed out then they will be longer by about 1/2". There's a lot of adjustment with the draw stops, just depends on what letoff and holding weight you like.

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't tried one out yet but I'd like to. Nothing but good things to say about my Prime Rival LD from this past year!

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
I had my Rize stolen in late Oct. Loved that bow! Since I was busy with house projects/family/work/holidays I waited until my 40th to replace. Over the last few months I shot an identical rize and some Hoyts. Was pretty sure either a Rize or centergy after I shot the centergy on the 3rd. If I still had my Rize I probably would still buy the centergy but only because I like having two bows (which was driven home to me after mine was stolen), but if I were a one bow guy I don't think I'd take the loss on the Rize for a Centergy. I like the balance of the centergy and how my grip sits. The draw was about the same - just as smooth albeit with a bit more starting weight at the initial pull which is why some guys are saying "stiffer". It is, but just as smooth. The hollow sounding noise from the 82x riser is cured by limb savers just like the Rize. I think it looks cool too.

I went back to bow shop on 1/7 and spent time shooting halon 32, halon x, carbon defiant 34, cd turbo, rize, centergy, defiant 30. I bought the Carbon Defiant 34. It was down to the Centergy and CD34 - I liked them both equally and a lot more than the others I'd shot. I went with the CD34 because I always wanted a carbon hoyt in black and I had money burning a hole in my pocket lol.