Arrows for elk

ontarget7

WKR
And the arrow build is looking promising at 20 yards bareshaft and fletched out of a Bowtech BT-X 28 28/70

f1c2b599ec9d74aebd833662413cfc58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheTone

WKR
No problem

Not sure what rest your using but stay clear of the Smackdown on those. It can really cause some headaches with a tail high condition

Anything more you can add to this? I'm probably picking up a CD34 in the next couple months and a smackdown was one of the rests I was considering.

kicker338

WKR
And the arrow build is looking promising at 20 yards bareshaft and fletched out of a Bowtech BT-X 28 28/70

f1c2b599ec9d74aebd833662413cfc58.jpg

That doesent look good, need to shim your top can 1/8" to the left and bottom cam same to the right. Wont have to worry about breaking any arrows after that. LOL.

ontarget7

WKR
Anything more you can add to this? I'm probably picking up a CD34 in the next couple months and a smackdown was one of the rests I was considering.

Go HDX
You will get those that feel the Smackdown is fine but if your into fine tuning it is not a good option for Hoyt's cam 1/2 system

Go HDX
You will get those that feel the Smackdown is fine but if your into fine tuning it is not a good option for Hoyt's cam 1/2 system

Could you elaborate a little bit more about tail high due to this rest. I'm shooting a Hoyt Carbon Defiant Turbo with a smack down rest and I can't get rid of my tail high paper tears. What is causing this with this particular rest,and how is the HDX better in this situation?

TheTone

WKR
Go HDX

Others I was considering were a Hamskea or maybe an AAE pro drop, any experience with those? I'm not a crazy super tuner, just want good repeatable hunting accuracy out to 50-60 yards

ontarget7

WKR
Others I was considering were a Hamskea or maybe an AAE pro drop, any experience with those? I'm not a crazy super tuner, just want good repeatable hunting accuracy out to 50-60 yards

I prefer the AAE Pro Drop between those two

ontarget7

WKR
Could you elaborate a little bit more about tail high due to this rest. I'm shooting a Hoyt Carbon Defiant Turbo with a smack down rest and I can't get rid of my tail high paper tears. What is causing this with this particular rest,and how is the HDX better in this situation?

The DFX cams can have some tail high issues and this rest compounds those issues even more. If you decide to go with the Smackdown more than likely it will tune to bottom cam hitting first to make that happen. If you were to switch to an HDX it will probably get the cam synch closer to hitting at the same time for clean vertical nock travel.
The rest and being limbdriven, coupled with a very stiff spring launcher can create some issues.

There is a very big trend for limbdriven rest for their simple setup. However I do see some downfalls to longer contact with the arrow. It has widely been taught for years that the more guidance the arrow has with the rest gives you better accuracy.

I would simply have to say that is debatable and more trending for ease of setup.

When having issues with vertical nock travel limbdriven rest with spring steel blades are more friendly if you want to go limbdriven. Like the AAE Pro Drop or the original LimbDriver .