Rokslider input needed! Help Matrix design their new target.

MT Kevin

FNG
[video=youtube;11FcnPWlvUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11FcnPWlvUw&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Hey Kevin, just trying to familiarize myself with how GIRU works. does pledging mean that you're buying the target now at a discount because you submitted design suggestions? And at some point the target goes to full price sold direct to consumer from your site?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Robby, Good questions...Anyone can pledge even if they did not participate in the development phase. Here's a short intro video that my son KG, engineer behind our design, did for the development phase. The participation from potential customers including a number of Roksliders in helping us choose the size and features we go with was incredible! In return we offer deep discounts for pledging early and will keep you updated throughout the process of making our molds to final production to let you see what it takes to build your target. There are only 129 targets left at the 25% discount tier ($55 savings). I expect that they will be sold out some time next week. We're planning on shipping targets out in July...sooner if our custom aluminum molds are done quicker. Once the funding period is over this target will sell for $215 plus $20 shipping on our website. These targets are ONLY available now by pledging through Home - GIRU and will not be added to our website until all GIRU orders have shipped. Thanks, K

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I think I understand it.

the "pledge" word was throwing me off-- too many fundraisers done with the kids over the years where I "pledge" some money, they do something (walk, bake, etc), keep my money and I get is the satisfaction of supporting a good cause.

But in the GIRU concept, pledge means I can take an deep discount as part of the initial design process. right?

Stwrt9

WKR
But in the GIRU concept, pledge means I can take an deep discount as part of the initial design process. right?

That is correct. The Pledge part is also tiered at times it just depends on how it's setup. For example the earlier you pledge/buy once the funding phase starts the better deal you may get. (example: 20 items at 40%, 50 items at 30%, 100 Items 25% and so on until the funding period ends usually 30 days).

MT Kevin

FNG
OK, I think I understand it.

the "pledge" word was throwing me off-- too many fundraisers done with the kids over the years where I "pledge" some money, they do something (walk, bake, etc), keep my money and I get is the satisfaction of supporting a good cause.

Pledging/ funding are crowdfunding platform terms. In this case you are pledging on our new Matrix Squared (M2) design well in advance of it being available. If you pledge now it's $160 + $20 shipping using PayPal on Giru.com. As mentioned earlier this target will sell for $215 + $20 shipping after the GIRU orders ship so pledging now you'll save $55 (25% discount). We plan on shipping in July, sooner if our molds are done quicker. If by chance we don't hit our funding goal then your $$ pledged are reimbursed. Also if we don't hit the funding goal it will delay the introduction of this new design since it's roughly $50-60K to have our new aluminum molds cast and machined (our funding goal is $50K). This is our first GIRU project as well so it has been a learning experience for us too!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks you guys, I really was in the dark on this. Fairly simple, like Stwrt9 said, get in early, and if you decide to buy (not mandatory to buy) you can take the deepest discounts, but can jump in even later and take a smaller tiered discount. Great idea and will probably bring products to market faster than a sole investor trying to bring one on, plus all the customer design input.

Thanks guys, best of luck with the target Kevin.

MT Kevin

FNG
[video=youtube;Bk9KNjkkjNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk9KNjkkjNM[/video]
If you Roksliders know anybody that needs a new archery target this year share the link to Home - GIRU for our Matrix Squared (M2) project. There's 12 days and 120 targets left to pledge on at the $160 tier ($55 savings, 25% OFF) If you have any questions post here, send a pm or call me at 406.698.8235 Thanks, Kevin

btw the M2 target shown is a prototype that I made using hex modules and a band saw. The final design will be square not rectangular...18x18x14" deep.

Hey Kevin,

What is the status on the matrix M2 targets. I was on GIRU and noticed it didn't show funding being met. What does this mean for pledgers and is the project still moving forward? Can we expect July delivery still? Just checking because I'm limping my targets along until then and may need to just go for the full matrix if this isn't going through. Thanks.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Such great looking, innovative designs. Really solves a problem all shooters have by being able to rotate those blocks!

MT Kevin

FNG
Hey Kevin,

What is the status on the matrix M2 targets. I was on GIRU and noticed it didn't show funding being met. What does this mean for pledgers and is the project still moving forward? Can we expect July delivery still? Just checking because I'm limping my targets along until then and may need to just go for the full matrix if this isn't going through. Thanks.

Hey Doverpack, I apologize for the slow response. On top of everything going on with Matrix Targets business (all good just going through some growing pains) we moved from Worden, Montana to the Bull Mountains near Roundup, MT. We didn't hit our funding goal on GIRU so the development of Matrix Squared will be delayed until we can afford the $50K for the new custom aluminum molds. I'm guessing best case it will be later this year. If you order the larger Matrix Target today we're out about a 1-2 weeks right now. Please don't hesitate to call me if you have any other questions. Thanks for your support on GIRU! Kevin cell 406-698-8235