Rokslider input needed! Help Matrix design their new target.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders,
Rokslide sponsor Matrix Targets is responding to customer feedback (including a bunch from you guys!) and designing a new smaller archery target than their very popular, durable, and functional full sized target (If you missed it, here is the full size-target: Matrix Target System Review)

We'll post more details as they get closer to going live. Here's your opportunity to help them design the new "Matrix Squared" target on Home - GIRU.. You guys shoot a lot and they'd love to hear from you. Once live, it doesn't cost anything to sign up with GIRU and be a developer in any project.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I can't seem to find it on Giru Robby. They must not have it up yet. I've done a few other projects on there before.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I can't seem to find it on Giru Robby. They must not have it up yet. I've done a few other projects on there before.
oh sorry Dover, last line says it's not live yet. I'll highlight that. Any tips/thoughts on GIRU?

Anyone interested can sign up for GIRU now and you'll be notified when Matrix squared goes live.

Last edited:

MT Kevin

FNG
Hey Dover, Really excited to have the opportunity to present our new design on the GIRU platform! As Robby mentioned, you can sign up at Home - GIRU if you haven't already. Once our project goes live it will be in development stage where you can participate in choosing the size and features that you like. The final dimensions and features that we will take into mfg will be based on popular vote so please share the link with your friends. After the development stage, there will be a pre-order period for those that participated where you can buy the new Matrix Squared target at a reduced cost before it is available to the general public. Please call or text me if you have any other questions. My cell is 406.698.8235. Or if you think it's a question other Roksliders will want to see the response post it here and I'll answer it as soon as I see it. We're looking forward to getting your feedback. Thanks, Kevin
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 3.43.11 PM.jpg

Last edited:
oh sorry Dover, last line says it's not live yet. I'll highlight that. Any tips/thoughts on GIRU?

Anyone interested can sign up for GIRU now and you'll be notified when Matrix squared goes live.

No tips on the use it's pretty straight forward. Only thoughts would be sometimes it seems there should be more options. The projects i've participated in so far people are good about hitting anything potentially missed as far as options in the comments section and then Dallas Moore (don't know who it will be with this target) is pretty quick to respond and has actually pulled a project down to re-vamp the design and then put it back up incorporating the huge number of comments on a particular feature so I think its a pretty effective platform. Sometimes the response is just an explanation of how they eliminated that feature or option before getting to this point. Just nice to know the thought process behind items sometimes.

MT Kevin

FNG
No tips on the use it's pretty straight forward. Only thoughts would be sometimes it seems there should be more options. The projects i've participated in so far people are good about hitting anything potentially missed as far as options in the comments section and then Dallas Moore (don't know who it will be with this target) is pretty quick to respond and has actually pulled a project down to re-vamp the design and then put it back up incorporating the huge number of comments on a particular feature so I think its a pretty effective platform. Sometimes the response is just an explanation of how they eliminated that feature or option before getting to this point. Just nice to know the thought process behind items sometimes.
Dover, I will be responding (Kevin Peterson) to the comment section and I will be very diligent to respond quickly. And yes the comment section is where we want to hear about any other features or changes that you'd like to see. It's easier for us to change gears now instead of trying to make mods on tooling after spending tens of thousands of $$ on new custom aluminum molds. We'll go into detail re: the mfg process which I think Roksliders will find very interesting too.

Last edited:

fngTony

Okay Moderator
Staff member
For anyone new to the platform it's easier on a desktop. Don't forget to setup your funding account ahead of time! Past projects went fast.

I was impressed too how they revamped a project. Started with " no, maybe then ok we added that feature". Really shows the power of the platform.

texag10

WKR
Already have my matrix hexagon so I won't be on on this one, but I'm happy to see the design gain traction.

MT Kevin

FNG

We went live late last night and let it run until this morning to make sure it was functioning properly. Everything is a go! So please check it out when you have a chance and give us your feedback. We'll be announcing the project is live across all of our social media early this evening.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
We went live late last night and let it run until this morning to make sure it was functioning properly. Everything is a go! So please check it out when you have a chance and give us your feedback. We'll be announcing the project is live across all of our social media early this evening.

There you go Roksliders. Give Matrix a hand if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT Kevin

FNG
View attachment 47533 Hey guys, just a short note to thank you for all of your ideas on our new smaller target design called Matrix Squared (M2)! If you provided input on our design on Home - GIRU you have until tomorrow (Thu) about 12pm to pledge on this project before it goes live to the public. Pledge early and save big! If you have any questions about how the pledging works you can dm me or call me at 406.698.8235. Thanks again for your support! Kevin #matrixsquared #alwaysshootthecenter #matrixtargets #doyougiru #giru

I ordered one Kevin. My only additional suggestion would be to add some sort of cover like you described on Giru that would allow the shooter to cover individual cube faces with a different aiming point, or maybe the long range cube only has the all white face on one end and the other is blank so you can place your own aiming point sticker if desired. You offered some great discounts really all the way through the pledging but the first few were pretty impressive. Thanks Again.

MT Kevin

FNG
Thanks for the comment! We're definitely looking into decals that can provide further customization for our targets. The adhesive will need to be somewhere between a post it note and bumper sticker so it adheres to our material but is easily removed when you want to change it out.

MT Kevin

FNG
Roksliders there's only a few targets left at the 35% discount tier before it is sold out. Next discount level is 25%... If you are interested check them out on Home - GIRU Thanks again for everyone's support! Kevin

MT Kevin

FNG
[video=youtube;Cdizhd6VN4w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdizhd6VN4w[/video]
If you are looking for a new target this spring it's time to kick that old target to the curb and invest in a Matrix Target System! Our new design Matrix Squared (M2) is only available through Home - GIRU for a limited time. Interchangeable, replaceable modules so you can always shoot the center! If you shoot a lot w field points and broadheads we'll outlast any target you have ever shot! Pledge now, save big! 25% OFF, save $55...

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Kevin, just trying to familiarize myself with how GIRU works. does pledging mean that you're buying the target now at a discount because you submitted design suggestions? And at some point the target goes to full price sold direct to consumer from your site?

Stwrt9

WKR
Robbie, that is correct. People who helped with the GIRU design process can purchase the item a a discounted rate for x amount of days. Then the item is available at a discounted rate that is open to the public for x amount of days. After that the item will eventually be brought to retail at full price. One thing to note is that you are not obligated to purchase anything if you are involved in the design process. It is merely a tool to get input on what the consumers would like to see in a product, such as the most popular design is what goes to funding. I've participated in every design from the beta testing of the site to the most current products and have yet to purchase anything as i haven't had a need for those products as of yet so why buy to buy. It is a really interesting tool for manufacturers getting to know what the consumers would like to see in product details and the costs that go into each choice. I hope this helps.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Very helpful. So do those who participate in the design get the best initial price or is the initial price open to anyone? By initial I mean before it goes retail.