Prime Centergy In Depth Tuning video

thank you Shane! That is an awesome video. I have never done any tuning work on a bow but after watching that I feel confident I could get it done. Just found out that my local archery shop is now a prime dealer (thanks to me lol). I see a Centergy Hybrid in my future. Shane, did you ever get a Centergy with 80lb limbs?

OR Archer

WKR
Good info. I thought adding 4 full twists was a lot for a binary system but I would suspect it's because of the two cam sizes on the bow. Do you think it makes this particular system less sensitive to sync changes? I haven't had a chance to mess around with one of the new ones yet but it looks like an interesting system.

Thanks for the video. Can't wait to finish getting my Hybrid put together. Are you walk back tuning after this to adjust for left and right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manosteel

WKR
My Centergy Hybird should be in this week. Pretty stoked about it. Loved my Prime Rize but the 35 ATA and optional cable stops had me at "Hello"

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
Good info. I thought adding 4 full twists was a lot for a binary system but I would suspect it's because of the two cam sizes on the bow. Do you think it makes this particular system less sensitive to sync changes? I haven't had a chance to mess around with one of the new ones yet but it looks like an interesting system.

I was actually surprised to see them running nock high with bottom cam hitting before the top to get clean vertical nock travel.

I actually added 4 full twist to the bottom cam cable and 1/8" high and this was still the results

63da632a6bbf6c28ebc8fbbce3630bd4.jpg

So far it been a pattern for the ones I have seen in the Centergy and Hybrid.

I'm sure the different cam sizes have something to do with it and possibly different working loads on the limbs.

The adjustability in the limb stops or cable stops make it perfect regardless where the cam synch ends up to get clean vertical nock travel since you can adjust them to hit at the same time.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
Thanks for the video. Can't wait to finish getting my Hybrid put together. Are you walk back tuning after this to adjust for left and right?

I don't find a need to walkback tune at all when you bareshaft tune to perfect entry at 15 and 20 yards.

Thanks guys !!

I don't find a need to walkback tune at all when you bareshaft tune to perfect entry at 15 and 20 yards.

Thanks guys !!

If center shot is good and spine is appropriate what would you do for left or right bear shaft tendencies? Consider grip is good in this instance.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
If center shot is good and spine is appropriate what would you do for left or right bear shaft tendencies? Consider grip is good in this instance.

How do we know centershot is good when a given position may only be a good starting point ?

I would need more info on how far your left or right is ? How far impact point is in relation to how hard your tail entry is can dictate what's going on and what type of adjustments need to be made.

I wouldn't assume Grip is good , I never do. You will not get perfect results with everybow griping the same way. It's how you align your grip that can make or break certain bows

How do we know centershot is good when a given position may only be a good starting point ?

I would need more info on how far your left or right is ? How far impact point is in relation to how hard your tail entry is can dictate what's going on and what type of adjustments need to be made.

I wouldn't assume Grip is good , I never do. You will not get perfect results with everybow griping the same way. It's how you align your grip that can make or break certain bows

Fair enough. This was a purely hypothetical question for future references. I was mostly wondering what your first step(s) would be or what you would be looking for if a tail left or right existed.

dvm_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
great video. I've really been considering getting a Prime Centergy this year. I'm usually a Hoyt guy, but I have been looking to try something different.

mk_v

WKR
Thanks for the video! I have wanted a prime bow but never knew how to tune them like the bowtechs I have.

Prime Questions

Great video man! I have a Prime Rize and I'm looking for info on how to bare shaft tune it any info you have would be appreciated. Right now my bare shafts are hitting left with nock right. I'm just curious about adjusting what moves the arrow a certain way. Thanks for any help.

OP
ontarget7

ontarget7

WKR
Great video man! I have a Prime Rize and I'm looking for info on how to bare shaft tune it any info you have would be appreciated. Right now my bare shafts are hitting left with nock right. I'm just curious about adjusting what moves the arrow a certain way. Thanks for any help.

Move your rest toward bareshaft impact.

Now if that doesn't work and your a right handed shooter, take a look at my grip video. This will clean up a left impact tail right when your tune adjustments aren't working

Prime Centergy - Grip technique - YouTube

Thanks guys !!