125 grain Deep Six broad head options?

Firehawk

WKR
So I bought some Carbon Injections to shoot out of my Hoyt Vector 32 for Muleys this fall. Due to spine stiffness, I am looking for 125 grain heads. What are some good options worth considering?

I would prefer a fixed blade, but would consider mechanical if required. Thoughts?

FH

OP
Firehawk

Firehawk

WKR
I guess I should clarify what is going on. I have bought some 26 3/4" carbon to carbon 330 Carbon Injections arrows for my bow. I am currently shooting 66#s and have a 27" draw. I bought the 330s for a song because they had been made for another shooter who had a horrible accident and couldn't buy them after they had been built. So...they already have the HIT inserts epoxied in them and I have both 100 grain and 125 grain field points to see which fly better. In looking at my Archer's advantage program, I see that they are "marginally too stiff" with a 125 grain point or broad head, where as with 100 grain heads it is "too stiff".

Thoughts? I am wondering if I made the right choice in even buying them. But at $100 for 12, I thought it would be worth checking into it.

Thank you in advance.

FH

jmez

WKR
They should shoot just fine with 100's. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't find a 125 head that you like.

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
I have the helix 125g and like them. Other options are solid, ramcat and i think trophy taker makes one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Too stiff shouldn't be a problem. I'd shoot them and see rather than relying on what a computer program spits out to make a decision.

You can always put outserts on them and run whatever regular 8-32 thread broadhead you want. I have good luck with the Firenock brand outserts put on with hot-melt glue on my Injexion 330 arrows. I rotate the outsert until i get a perfect spin test with no runout. I heat the hot-melt glue in the outsert before installing it on the shaft. Leave your Deep-6 inserts in your shafts as they add weight as well as reinforce the shaft ahead of the outsert. I have had no breakage over the past 3 years with this combination, although I have bent a few outserts when hitting rocks.

My favorite Deep Six 125 grain head was the A-TAC. But I also really liked the 100 gr Deep Six Exodus and I just added a 12 gr footer from VPA, that added a bit of weight and strength as well. I could not see any poi difference between that and 125 grain heads out to 60 yards.

Trial153

WKR
The VPA footers with the flange are really sweet. Running them with any hit shafts I use.

Hunthigh1

WKR
My favorite Deep Six 125 grain head was the A-TAC. But I also really liked the 100 gr Deep Six Exodus and I just added a 12 gr footer from VPA, that added a bit of weight and strength as well. I could not see any poi difference between that and 125 grain heads out to 60 yards.

Could you explain these "footers" a bit or link the product below? I'm curious about this. its just a sleeve?

jmez

WKR
The footers are special order from VPA. Last time I checked with them they had a limited supply and they may or may not make them for you. They are also $$$ and may take a while to get.

Trial153

WKR
They are 20 a dozen plus shipping from VPA, email ray with the arrow you want you want to foot tell you if he has the size and if they are in stock. I have ordered from him several times.

They are 20 a dozen plus shipping from VPA, email ray with the arrow you want you want to foot tell you if he has the size and if they are in stock. I have ordered from him several times.

Yep. They are a great addition and well worth $1.50 each, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Last ones I called about he didn't have and were going to be twice that price and he wasn't sure if he would even make them or not.

OP
Firehawk

Firehawk

WKR
So I order some of the VAP footers and they should arrive tomorrow. I feel much better about adding the little bit of weight out front to give me some options. Thank you for the ideas.

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
An 1816 XX75 will work perfectly on 330 carbon injexions if VPA does not have theirs available.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Iron Will Outfitters will be adding Deep Six versions of the 100 & 125 grain broadheads soon.IW100.jpg