Spott Hogg Keaton Release.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Just ordered this from our Rokslide Sponsor S&S Archery am looking forward to giving it a good test. Hope its everything I hope it will be. I shoot the wise guy now so this maybe the best of both worlds between wrist and hand held.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Looking forward to a review. Seems like a cool release to me!

Agree which is why I grabbed one guess they are about 2 weeks behind on shipping them so will be a while before I throw a review up here on my experience using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandal 44

WKR
I just ordered the Spot Hogg Keeton as well. I am looking forward to trying it out. I have very bad shoulders and I am thinking this mite help some with the pain when draw the bow back.

ardents

FNG
Some initial feedback on mine. I shoot the "wiseguy" release also from spott hogg normally as comparison.

Cons:
Its Heavy! I didn't notice it, but as I was switching back and forth between releases when practicing, it was noticeable. (but it wont break cause everything on it is aluminum)
I find I have to visually double check and make sure that the "jaws" for the d-loop is fully closed. There isn't a lot of positive force, so its hard to have tactile feedback of its current state. It's annoying, but people coming from fully enclosed releases might be used to it.
I find myself when I switch my trigger finger to the other side just before the shot, it shifts the assembly a bit more than I expected. My thumb ends up pressing against the housing below where my pointer finger used to be, and I have to reset my aim then shoot in this new position.

Pros:
Trigger is crisp
It's pretty comfortable holding at full draw longer (when NOT in the firing position)

Overall:
I need more practice with it. I think subconsciously I am gripping the release too tightly when I transfer into the firing position out of fear its going to slip out (has never come close to happening). I'm still more accurate with my old release, but I'll be giving the Keaton a fair chance over the next few months practicing.