Longer Range Testing of the Bishop Holy Trinity--Video

I finally got a chance to shoot this new head out to 70 yards. Wish I could have shot further, but that's all the space I had. It flew amazingly well.

It is quite a bit shorter than the VPA three blade and the Montec, so it has less surface area...and is therefore more forgiving in flight.

I'd already tested this head through wood, frozen meat/bone, and steel flat bar--with no damage at all. And I put it through a hog's shoulder/spine, a Javelina's shoulder, and an Axis buck quartering toward me.

I'm still shooting that same exact head here in this video with the longer range shooting. This may become my new Elk Head.

Bishop makes this head in three different qualities of steel, based on your price point. The one in these tests is the S7 Tool Steel. But even the cheapest model is supposedly tougher than any other stainless steel head on the market, including SV30. As they all have the same exact design specs and are all CNC machined from a single piece of steel, they will all fly exactly the same. Interesting concept.

Bishop Holy Trinity Broadhead Long Range Test - YouTube

Attachments

• Bishop Holy Trinity with Ruler.jpg
    Bishop Holy Trinity with Ruler.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 103
OP
Bowhuntr64
Steel flat bar? How thick?

1/8". You can see it in a video on my YouTube channel. The Bishop uses proprietary S7 tool steel; only head on the market that does. It's CNC machined from a solid chunk of it. The Charpy V Notch rating is mid 90s--highest on the market by more than double of the next highest, which is also made by Bishop, using 41L40 tool steel. The steel flat bar didn't even nick the tip of the head. Here's a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b69147bceb00a4d16c7c2ed9e651080e.jpg

A little nutty....? Lol

Maybe a bad word choice. I was trying not to say nut job or wacko. Between the terrible website, rant about starting a company, and religiosity, all I could think is "this guy better make one hell of a broad head!" And at >$100 each it better guarantee an elk each year.

OP
Bowhuntr64
Looks neat but $359.97 for a 3 pack?

The guy is actually brilliant, a Dr...and extremely passionate about his research. But the heads are priced based on their steel. The Pipelines are $59 for 3, the Bridgeports are $89 for 3, and the Bishops are $119 for 3...if I remember correctly.

No one in the company takes a salary; that is truly the cost of the materials and machining at this point. Also nothing in advertising. Compare that to a stamped head like Rage. Those blades cost 5 cents each and they budget $30 per pack just for marketing. Bishop is admittedly lacking in the marketing department and website department :) They even say that. Their specialty is the research.

Clearly Bishop is not a company looking to strike it rich. But it is nice to know you are getting what you pay for.

OP
Bowhuntr64
Hey when you say "they" do you mean "we"? Or do you not own Bishop?

Haha. No. I don't own Bishop. I won a free head on Archery Talk and did extensive testing on it. They liked the video I made of the test and sent me some others to test out which I've been doing. I am a broadhead junkie and write a lot about different heads and have the opportunity to take quite a few animals with various heads and often post the videos on my channel. I have been very impressed with Bishop.

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Ever stick an arrow in the neighbours house?
1 time I had a limbdriver cord loosen between shots and send an arrow over my backstop, and another I wasn't paying attention and nocked arrow under dloop at 90 yards and now have arrow in barn roof as a reminder.
I would be nervous as your neighbour...even if you are a good shot.

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
Really??? I went to their website and got the impression the dudes a little nutty....

I'm not remotely superficial when it comes to quality gear, but these day's a company's website is their face. Fonts, layout, colors, etc. are all generally selected to convey certain attitudes or elicit specific emotions.
This guy's website says........ an awful lot.
I'm a long ways from a metallurgist so I wont debate steel, but I'll skip bishop broadheads on face value alone.

BTW bowhuntr64 - is bishop a Rokslide sponsor?
They seem to get an awful lot of forum time from you; you may care to pass along this link: CONTACT US

MattB

WKR
I'm not remotely superficial when it comes to quality gear, but these day's a company's website is their face. Fonts, layout, colors, etc. are all generally selected to convey certain attitudes or elicit specific emotions.
This guy's website says........ an awful lot.
I'm a long ways from a metallurgist so I wont debate steel, but I'll skip bishop broadheads on face value alone.

BTW bowhuntr64 - is bishop a Rokslide sponsor?
They seem to get an awful lot of forum time from you; you may care to pass along this link: CONTACT US

Not superficial when it comes to quality gear, but you can identify it based on the quality of a company's websight? Sounds superficial.

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
Not superficial when it comes to quality gear, but you can identify it based on the quality of a company's websight? Sounds superficial.
That's my point. My experiences have led me to shop on less cluttered websites. EVEN, as superficial as that sounds.

Trial153

WKR
The website been a universal criticism, and a valid on at that.
Predictable chaos laceration channels, over pragmatic 3:1 Ma ....get the F out of here