Bow tuning in Colorado

Tsnider

WKR
Hey guys, I live in Carbondale and avoid the local "bears archery" for reasons most locals know. I need new strings and a full tuning. Any suggestions? Either that or I'm sending it to Scott's Custom Archery but with shipping will cost around 200 bucks but I have read nothing but great reviews.

What brand is your bow? Doesn't really matter - bring it to Grand Junction and see Gabe at Red Rock Archery. Might be worth calling them about the strings unless you don't mind leaving your bow for a while.

OP
Tsnider

Tsnider

WKR
2014 hoyt carbon spyder 34. Does Red Rock Archery do paper tuning and all that fancy jazz? For some reason I was thinking they didn't.

If you're willing to ship it, send it to Shane, Ontarget7. He is a wizard like none other. For a shop, I really like No Limits in Denver. Top notch shop and top notch guys. You can shoot 3D targets to 40 yds indoors and 100 outdoors, so it's worth a trip to Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
If your on south side of town go down and see my brothers at Quick Draw Archery. Talk to Rob who's one of the pro staff shooters there he does a fantastic job tuning bows. They have a paper tune setup there also.

KMT

WKR
If you make it to Denver, try no limits archery. They set up my bow correctly the FIRST time.

I'll put in a plug for bear creek archery. I stopped by there last week. Ended up walking out with a defiant pro....They set it up perfectly and had it shooting bullet holes very quickly. During my shooting session the guy looked at my trigger technique. We spent the next 15 minutes working on trigger form. Fixed an issue I didn't realize I had. Was shooting very very tight groups at 20 yards. Was able to replicate those groups this both days this weekend up at the columbine range. That lesson alone was worth the price of the bow for me. Can't recommend those guys enough.

OP
Tsnider

Tsnider

WKR
appreciate everyones feedback. im calling around to all these places. living 2.5 hours from denver makes it a PITA but a good reason to go see my buddy down there.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ed at Bear Creek archery did a great job on my strings, made sure it and me was shooting right before I left.