Best hard use 5 pin sight?

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
It doesn't sound like my Trophy Ridge "React" sight is going to work well with 525-ish+ grain arrows for me at the velocities they'll be going. So for moose hunting this fall, I think I've decided to use a fixed 5 pin sight.
I'm not going to be shooting beyond 40 yards so 5 pin ending with a trick pin ought to be marvelous.

More and more sights are "tool less" and "easily adjustable" but that sound like the opposite of what I need for crashing through alders and black spruce this fall. Most of what I have found around town that has "fixed" and "tools required" adjustments seems horrendously cheap (not necessarily inexpensive) or has a diameter that gets tough to shoot well with a shorter draw length.

Any suggestions?

Spot Hogg's are almost bomb proof. The Hunter hogg-it has worked well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpk

WKR
A wrapped spot hogg. I broke every other sight I had monthly. I've used the hogg for years without a single issue. It's fallen out of trees and had the snot beat out of it.

colersu22

WKR
Montana black gold(MBG) and spot Hogg both have lifetime warranty and like mentioned above are bomb proof. I have a black gold rush 5 pin but have been looking at the verdict so I can stretch out some shots when I practice.

Gumbo

WKR
Spot Hogg Hunter all the way. Best sight I've owned. I sold a MBG Pure Gold 75 last year because of buzz and a backlighting issue with the level, plus it just didn't seem as burly and I didn't like the axis adjustments as much as the SH. So after a couple months of MBG trial, I went back to my SH Hunter. This year I bought a CD 34 with 65 pound draw which gives me a pretty wide pin gap 50-60 so I just ordered a custom Tommy Hogg with 4 pins. Figure it is worth a shot and if I don't like it it will be on the classifieds here and my Hunter will be back on my bow. The wire on the Spot Hogg sights is also super handy for setting 3rd axis and gap shooting.

Vandal 44

WKR
I have used Spot-Hogg wrapped 7 deadly pin, MBG Assent and Option 5 Pin. I really don't have a favorite all three are bomb proof and you cant go wrong no matter what one you choose.

Look at the MBG rush sight.

---

Follow me on Instagram @hunter_hindman
I have a rush on order, added the revenge base to get 3rd axis.
I, like you, didn't want micro adjust wheels and such for the pins, so this sight seemed like a great option and doesn't break the bank.

OP
AKMAN

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I think I'm sold on the MBG Rush.
I liked what I saw and then I found their custom order section and that pretty much set the hook. :cool:
I think I've landed on the following:
Rush, 1 3/4", optic orange sight ring, 6 pin, GYGYGR for pin colors, and I'm still deciding between the 4" dovetail and the stock Rush base.
The dovetail offers 3rd axis adjustability and adds 1 once to the total weight.

Anybody know how sturdy the MBG dovetails are? Hard to tell from a few photos but it looks like a solid mount.

I've had the MBG Rush for 6 yrs without issue, then bought a MBG Accent 5 pin last year......no issues with it either. They are an excellent company making excellent products.

Thanks guys. I think I'm sold on the MBG Rush.
I liked what I saw and then I found their custom order section and that pretty much set the hook. :cool:
I think I've landed on the following:
Rush, 1 3/4", optic orange sight ring, 6 pin, GYGYGR for pin colors, and I'm still deciding between the 4" dovetail and the stock Rush base.
The dovetail offers 3rd axis adjustability and adds 1 once to the total weight.

Anybody know how sturdy the MBG dovetails are? Hard to tell from a few photos but it looks like a solid mount.
the revenge base also gives you 3rd axis.
order from s&s archery and they give a rokslide discount too :D