What stab does everyone shoot?

OP
kodiakfly

kodiakfly

WKR
None, don't like carrying the bow in the back country with a stabilizer. The first 24 NA species haven't required one.

I've shot some animals with no stabilizer installed before. Haven't noticed a difference at the shot, but I (personally) do while practicing and it's a confidence thing for me to an extent, feeling the difference in practice.

OP
kodiakfly

kodiakfly

WKR
Thanks for all the replies guys. I run a BStinger 10/8 now and I was on the fence with the 12" and the 6" side both being separate options I was considering. I guess I'm still on the fence and may just have to bite the bullet and buy one of each and try it.

Gumbo

WKR
I'm running a 10" now, but wondering about the 12" How's that to hunt with?...just getting in the way? Thanks!

I haven't used this set-up yet in the field, but bear season will give me some idea. The real test will be spot and stalk antelope. As far as carrying it will be fine. I always carry by the grip, usually in my left hand with the string down, thumb on the shelf. The 12-incher sits just behind my arm comfortably, I ran a 10-incher last year with no problems at all. Unless you carry your bow by the string I can't imagine a 12 incher being any more in the way than a 10.

I actually think the side bar will be better for hunting in one way too. When I set it down on the side bar, my cams, rest, and sight are not in the dirt. Ultimately I would rather have a little more cumbersome set-up that I can level effortlessly and shoot more solidly with. I know that isn't much help, it is just untested for me thus far

lintond

WKR
I'm running a 12" b-stinger with an offset bracket. Probably going to try a side bar setup soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UtahJimmy

WKR
I used a 4" rubber damper for a few years then changed to a 6" bee stinger with 3-1 oz weights; I could see a difference in my groupings with each weight I added. This year I switched to an 8" stinger with 1-1oz weight and my pin float is about the same. I needed the weight out further to balance the bow because I upgraded to a new sight and quiver, but it is actually an ounce lighter than the 6" version. So far so good!

Sam's dad

Lil-Rokslider
Easton contour hunter stabilizer for me. Really nice performance and light weight.

JLH208

WKR
b462270bc77d9fb6ccea89388fca39ac.jpg

Laughed at the quivalizer when I saw it, got talked into it, best advice I took this year. Hunted with it and got used to it extremely fast. Groups improved over previous 6" bee stinger.
85a44bbd25ec6743a82a42c7bcdfe1c6.jpg

d7fbaecaf897941f0f27c2e1ce81b1bd.jpg
7136e5d0ec6ecd13d0f21c6aeb308e65.jpg

I bought a Titanium Archery Products on a recommendation a few months ago and have been happy with it so far.

It's super light except for the weight up front. It has been quieter than my bstinger for sure.

1cefb190d6b5e404322e9f1ff43c5c1c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just ordered one of the TAP elites on a whim after reading your post, mlawrence125's, and doing a few quick google searches. Thanks guys for spending a $100 out of my wallet!

Interesting topic. I have a bee stinger 10/8 combo and like it but I'm new to this archery thing. That quivilizer does seem like an interesting option but my Carbon Air 34 could probably use a little weight added.

Interesting topic. I have a bee stinger 10/8 combo and like it but I'm new to this archery thing. That quivilizer does seem like an interesting option but my Carbon Air 34 could probably use a little weight added.
Add weight where it's useful. The nice part about the Quivalizer is it puts the weight out away from the riser where it slows the pin float down. My Perfexion with Quivalizer is a lot steadier than my Katera XL that has a 5 arrow Tight Spot along with an 8" Carbon Connection and the Perfexion weighs about a pound less.

JLH208

WKR

I had the same thoughts with my carbon defiant and the quivalizer added just enough. They do make two models, aluminum and the carbon one which I have. I couldn't tell you the weight difference.

Bmcox86

WKR
Just ordered one of the TAP elites on a whim after reading your post, mlawrence125's, and doing a few quick google searches. Thanks guys for spending a $100 out of my wallet!
You won't regret it. The quality and performance are worth it.

You won't regret it. The quality and performance are worth it.

It delivered last night, I shot some arrows with it this morning after my morning workout. I did a bunch of pushups between rowing intervals, so my arms were pretty shaky...

I had a Hoyt 8" pro series, which was pretty good. I am shooting a Prime Rize, which has been the most dead in hand, solid bow I have shot in my couple of years shooting bows. I couldn't tell that it made it any quieter, but the Rize is already damn quiet. I already had zero hand vibration, so no noticeable improvement/difference there. I shot about 10 shots with the hoyt stabilizer, then screwed in the TAP, and I could tell a little difference in pin float - the bow settled much quicker, and even though I was kinda shaky, I was maybe a 1/2" more accurate at 30 yards than I was with the hoyt.

Long story short, for $90, its slightly more (+$20) than what the hoyt pro series 8" cost me, I would buy one again. It also looks pretty sweet and is unique - i've never seen one at a 3D shoot or the range...

I will shoot it some more this weekend out to 50-60-70 yards and see what happens there, especially when my arms and back are more fresh.

Also, the customer service was impeccable...I had an email from the owner Sam, thanking me for my purchase, then an email within an hour after that with tracking saying it was on its way.

I just got a bee stinger 10 in hunter sport max I think it's called. Haven't even shot with it yet. Slapped it on my bow this morning when I got home from the firehouse. It was sitting on the porch from fed ex.

Last edited:
Right now I'm running a 8.5" bee stinger with 4 oz up front. It's been good but if any one has a 10" carbon blade they want to get rid of please let me know.