Dumb Bowtech question...help needed.

kodiakfly

WKR
I'm a Hoyt guy but I do have a little shop in my garage and I do work for friends. A buddy has a Bowtech RPM360 that he needs some work on and he said his old shop "pressed it wrong and something broke and they bought him this bow as a replacement..." He doesn't even know what broke and the shop is back on the east coast, but I'm looking at this Bowtech with its preloaded limbs and the axle mount things on the limb tips and I don't wanna buy him a new bow! So I've got an LCA press...what do I need to know about safely pressing it? Bowtech guys, any help? I posted in the Bowtech section at AT and got one reply that just said go look at YouTube. I don't trust YouTube...

Thanks guys.

The black blocks near the cams is where you put the limb tips. You will be fine. Only way to screw it up is to not have them on the blocks. Press it until the flex guard is limp

jmez

WKR
Just make sure the press fingers engage over the pillow blocks. They aren't hard to press. Scroll down a little ways on the link and there is a picture of a 360 in a press. You can see how the fingers engage over the pillow block on the limb.

RPM 360 bow press - Tapatalk

OP
kodiakfly

kodiakfly

WKR
Awesome, thanks guys. The AT search feature was locking up when I tried to search for it over there, so I appreciate you posting that. I figured it wasn't anything weird, but him saying his last Bowtech got ruined in a press so the shop bought him this one...I figured better to just ask than to jack up this bow for him.