Bow sights for western hunting?? What's everyone use

Camofire

TRUGLO TSX PRO SERIES MICRO ADJUST ARCHERY SIGHT Color: Realtree AP, Size: 5 Pin, 1 $59.99

CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin. I took the 5th pin out of the equation how ever. I used to use a 3 pin, but with my first pin set at 30 yrds, I could utilize 4 pins out to 60 yrds and then start using the slider beyond that. I liked the 3 pin (less clutter), but wished I had a pin beyond the 50 yrd. For me personally the 5 pins were just too busy, the 3 pins was not enough, so I opted to modify the 5 pin down to 4.

CBE makes a great sight, robust and back country friendly.
Pricey no doubt, but you do get what you pay for.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've got an article done and in the que that discusses the SH Tommy and Fast Eddie and the MBG Ascent Verdict. I've got all 3, and they are all great sights. Subtle differences in the 3, not a huge discrepancy. You couldn't go wrong with any of them.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Used Spot Hog for years with good results. Have nothing but great things to say about SH but have switched to using the Option Archery (Trophy Taker) Option 8.
The ability to have a single pin when I want it and multiple pins when I need them has worked great for me. Both are bomb proof which is nice.

JLH208

WKR
Black Gold Ascent Verdict 5 pin 20-60 yd pins and 60-100 tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kicker338

WKR
Getting use to using my EZV sight more every day, this thing is a big pluss for older guys like me who's eye sight isn't as good as it used to be. Pins on a pin sight just keep getting more blurry as time goes on but with the EZV it's no longer an issue.

Incase anyone or any mod is concerned with me being associated with the company I have zero connection with them, just telling you guys and mainly older guys like me that have eye issues that maybe this concept in a sight can be some help for us.

Capt Jims

FNG
Option 8, 4 fixed and the floater. Only just got it sighted in but so far the best sight I have used yet. I'm making an oval peep to give me a full sight picture. My 3/16ths peep gives my probably 90-95%, but I have to lift my head just a bit to see the bottom of the sight. I'll try a 1/4 as well and maybe fill in the side a bit or just shoot it as is. Either way, so far the best sight I have used.

OP
R

Remi1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies guys!! Cooper we spoke on at many years back!

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just switched to the Ascent Verdict 3 pin slider. So far, pins seem really bright! Anticipating pins will be settled at 25, 35, and 45, then will use the middle pin to slide out to longer ranges.

This is my first time with a slider. I'm loving that it allowed me to get down to three pins and remove pin clutter. Also, I always thought to use the bottom pin as the slider, but I like how a lot of Roksliders mentioned to use the middle pin so you can quickly adjust to the upper or lower pin if the animal moves!

MBG Revenge 5 pin. Shooting with glasses now so kinda interested in trying a single pin but not that big a deal at this point

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
Have been using the spot hogg hogg it 5 pin, but just switched to the Sureloc lethal weapon 5 pin with retina lock. Finding that the retina lock is a great cross check when on less than level land. Both solid sights. I still use the peep, but he retina lock helps probably more than the bubble level to make sure I am not canting the bow.

Mi_fiveo

WKR
Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL with double .10 pins. Perfect in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tejasbow

FNG
Just switched from a single pin adjustable sight to a 5 pin IQ micro. Cant tell you if I am going to like it or hate it yet. I have never had a sight on my bow that I just loved. pins seem to blur on me which is why I switched to single pin in the first place.

Being that it is only a 5 pin and not a 7 I believe I am going to set them at 25, 40, 50, 60, 70. May order an additional pin and set at 80 if I feel the need to. Just installed it on my bow yesterday and she seems to fit my old slow elite pretty well. We shall see.