Bow sights for western hunting?? What's everyone use

Remi1

Lil-Rokslider
I currently use the option 4 An love it, but the fiber optics are far from impressive. What's everybody else using! I like too have the ability to shoot farther distances so I don't want a 5 pin sight. What you do run ? Thanks

Kilboars

WKR
Black Gold Pure 75 is a five pin that's adjustable.

I also have the Sure Loc with the retina lock. Real cool sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Have used a 5 pin CBE Tek Hybrid the last few years. Switched this winter to the Axcel Accustat with 5 pin head.

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL double pin. Though it really sucks to be dialed out to 55 and have a bull run in to 10 (happened last year). Seriously considering going with a 5 pin this year.

In all honesty, I'd buy a 3 or 5 pin Spot-Hogg Slider and never look back. Best of both worlds, and probably the best sites on the market.

OP
R

Remi1

Lil-Rokslider
The option 4 has thre fixed pins. An one slider. An you can flip the fixed pin out an away so you just have the single pin. Wouldn't have killed my bull last year without it.. shot him at 80 yds!

DenRuyter

Lil-Rokslider
Spot Hogg fixed before that was awesome and now a MBG Pure 75 Gold 5-pin slider. Both have super bright fibers!

Spot Hogg Hog It 7 pin on the dovetail. I'll probably go down to a 5 pin before this season, or possibly wait until next year. I feel like that many pins clutters my site window.

OP
R

Remi1

Lil-Rokslider
That's what mine is trophy taker! Arnt your pins really dim??TXCO

Gumbo

WKR
Spot Hogg Hunter 5-pin is currently on my bow but I have a custom Tommy Hogg 4-pin on the way. If I don't like it I will go back the Hunter, my favorite sight I've ever used.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using the Spot Hogg Hunter 7-pin for the past 9 years without any issues. But I did notice after this years hunt that the fiber is broken on my 6th pin. That's an easy fix. That's the first time I've had to do anything with this sight. I haven't even had to adjust it in any way over that time.

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
Are your pins .010 or .019?
I have the platinum 8 housing with the fixed .019 pins and one .010 floater. The bigger fixed pins seem to be plenty bright but the smaller pin with its separate gathering housing is to dim. I called and they are more than happy to switch out the fiber to a larger one but I just haven't sent it in yet.
You might contact Trophy Taker and see what they say. Your fibers could be scuffed on the ends or not melted correctly causing them to be dim.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Right now I am running the same sights on all three of my bows. MBG Ascent Verdicts with revenge heads, 4" dove tails. I shoot three pins, .019 green, .010 red and .010 green. I set them 25, 35, 45 and float the middle pin.

WKR
Axcel Accutouch HD, one carbon pro and one without the dovetail. I have a 31mm scope on the target bow with a 4x lens and 41mm on the hunting bow, both single pins right now. Can get multi pin scopes too if I want a change without changing the sight bodies. Bright optics, very adjustable windage and elevation. I really like the Axcel system

TheCougar

WKR
Spot Hogg 7 Deadly Pins. Its got to be 6 or 7 years old by now and I've never had a reason to switch. My buddy dropped a buttload of money on an Option 8 and he loves it. I'm intrigued, but I don't like complicated things or moving parts on my bow (yet I shoot mechanicals. hmmm...). I am going to see how his holds up for a season or two before I make the switch. I'll admit, it does seem pretty slick, but when he dials the single pin off the tape, he always seems to shoot worse than when he just uses his fixed pins.