lighted nocks, can animals see them?

Tsnider

WKR
So i dig the nocktural nocks. Theyre nice for shooting at a distance into a target and its what i have so i leave them in for hunting. Something i notice is when im hunting and i put an arrow on they always turn on when i dont want them to. anyone have experience with if elk can see them that well or not? i might be worrying about it when it happens too much.

the little tiny screwdriver in the leatherman wave is perfect for turning them off. but its a hassle. thanks

They shouldn't be turning on until you shoot. If they are something maybe wrong with the fit on your string.

OP
Tsnider

Tsnider

WKR
its when i pull them on onto the string sometimes they clip on, or im holding the arrow in place somewhat and they click on. i have found 1 out of the every package really easily clicks on. nockturnal told me once i could ship it in and get a replacement but it was too close to season so i just used it. sending in a 8$ piece for warranty seemed silly but i wish i would have.

its when i pull them on onto the string sometimes they clip on, or im holding the arrow in place somewhat and they click on. i have found 1 out of the every package really easily clicks on. nockturnal told me once i could ship it in and get a replacement but it was too close to season so i just used it. sending in a 8$ piece for warranty seemed silly but i wish i would have.

I don't know what to tell you. I use Nockturnal X nocks and have never had that issue.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had an issue like that and serving fit was an issue for me. To tight

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I haven't had that happen in my limited experience with lighted nocks.

I will say that a light might alert an animal but around here in PA / NY it doesn't tend to spook them. They are probably conditioned to seeing house lights and car lights but I got stuck in my stand after shooting light by a group of deer. I got tired of waiting them out and started trying to scare them off. At one point I shined my 1000 lumin sufprfire on them and they just kept munching acorns.