Footers/collars?

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
I've never been a fan of outserts, which is why I love the HIT's. I've used HIT's in probably 1/2 dozen different manufacturers arrow shafts, and they have worked equally well in all of them.
I've had really good experiences with outserts from black Eagle and firenock. Best design concept out there in my opinion (assuming they are installed correctly and they spin right).

Might try some zelor arrows this year too and I love their insert/outsert design. Wish more companies had system like that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8890c9322efd1e5ce7fe74613f03926f.jpg

When do you think they will come out with these I would really like to run some on my kaos

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Finally received my outserts from Element arrows. They all weigh between 47.1 and 47. 6 grains. Fit looked good, though I didn't get to test all 3 dozen. I shoot 300 spine Kaos and they sent me the outserts for the 300 spine fire and ice arrows. One thing I did notice is that the outer diameter is a little larger than the standard 5/16". So there will always be a little bit of a lip that sticks out, but this seems like a small matter at this point. I plan on running a 50 gr brass insert inside the shaft with element outsert on the outside. I'll try and update once I get to shooting them.

Last edited:
Well did you get to try them out for durability yet. They look like the ones DCA sent with there small diameter arrows and there's were garbage and would bend

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Well did you get to try them out for durability yet. They look like the ones DCA sent with there small diameter arrows and there's were garbage and would bend
I haven't yet... Had a busy last couple weeks. I did take 6 arrows and get brass inserts in and the outserts on with some pc-7. Just have to fletch and then get my new strings on my bow. Might be another week before I have any range time with them.

FlyGuy

WKR
Gritty just released a podcast with Valkyrie, their inserts (and broadheads) sound very interesting. Sounds like you will need to order the arrows and from them as well but I may have heard that wrong?

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Well I couldn't get the outserts to hold... Even roughed up the end of the arrow a bit and used a good industrial epoxy and out of my first 6 arrows I had 3 come loose in under 5 shots... Not sure if they only work for element arrows or what but it looks like they won't work for me. Going back to Hits and GT ballistic collars

GotDraw?

WKR
Which side of the glue joint failed? Was the glue joint failure at the interface to the arrow or to the outsert?

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
Outsert.... Could probably take a copper brush and rough the inside of the outsert too but...

GotDraw?

WKR
I have had good success with Gorilla Glue.

I agree with roughing up the inner surface of the outsert. I would use a stainless steel bore brush of the right caliber, put it on a small handle and spin it in the outserts manually. The stainless brush should be able to bite the aluminum a bit. Copper brush you are considering may not be hard enough to cut into the aluminum sufficiently to give a bite or tooth to the surface.

Worth a shot

Hotmelt glue works on Firemock outserts for me. You can rotate the outsert by reheating too. Don't overheat your shaft though. Good luck!

OP
B

brocksw

WKR
I've had great luck with firenock and black Eagle outserts following the same process I used with the element arrows.