Montana Black Gold Pure Gold Sight **Review Added**

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was able to get my 1st, 2nd & 3rd axis set last night. I was shooting a little right at 100 yards and sure enough, 2nd axis was off a little. Good to go now. I think I'll do a video on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What is your draw and what size peep you run for that small scope ? I switched to 7/32 on my verdict and still have to mount it kind of close with 28" draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is your draw and what size peep you run for that small scope ? I switched to 7/32 on my verdict and still have to mount it kind of close with 28" draw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My draw is 28.5". I'll have to confirm my peep size, I've shot the same one since 2012. I can't remember what size it is.

I just bought two of the pure driven single pins yesterday and the axis adjustments are the easiest I have ever seen. After owning about every sight known to man I'm loving the Black Gold and will be using them for a long time to come.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quick update on the site. It has one kill under its belt. Headed back out for elk this weekend. Stay tuned.

Trial153

WKR
Why not move the housing to a different position to prevent the amount of horizontal travel the brings it that close the adjustment wheel?

TheTone

WKR
I noticed a rusty screw in one of the pictures. A few friends of mine with Black Gold's seem to have the same issue with rust faster than I have noticed on my spot hogg's, anyone else experience this? The other thing I've noticed is the black anodizing having or getting a bit of a purple hue to it, did you experience that?

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I noticed a rusty screw in one of the pictures. A few friends of mine with Black Gold's seem to have the same issue with rust faster than I have noticed on my spot hogg's, anyone else experience this? The other thing I've noticed is the black anodizing having or getting a bit of a purple hue to it, did you experience that?
That rusty screw was all me. I was playing around with the sight when I first got it and lost that bolt. I went to my local bolt store and bought a uncoated bolt to replace it.

I have not noticed the anodizing fading. Although I'm guessing it's related to UV exposure so maybe over time that will happen? But as of now, nothing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk