What peep sight do you run?

Hunthigh1

WKR
I have been trying out the Hamskea in sight peep system the last few weeks. I like how well the system shades glare and offensive side light, but unfortunately the largest aperture is still a bit too small for me. I need to go with a larger diameter to be able to see my sight ring and bubble enough. The current aperture is 5/32"

What brand and size peep sight are you running/reccomend
Im shooting an older bow. a 2007 Diamond Triumph with a 32.5 AA.

Thanks in advance

N2TRKYS

WKR
Dang, that thing looks gaudy. Looks like it would kill your lowlight vis, as well.

I don't know the name of my peep, but the opening is big(3/16 or 1/4). I've never cared to or found the need to line up my sight housing or use a level. I take the levels off of my sights, if they come with one.

Last edited:
Been trying out the insight peep on one of my bows for a few months also. Always shot G5 peeps before this and they work well but I do notice horizontal impact shift depending on lighting hoping the insight will pretty much eliminate that. One thing you might try is checking outside in bright sunlight that will be when your peep appears the biggest in relation to your sight housing. Also you may be able to extend your sight housing on the mounting bracket. Most sights have a few holes to mount. This will force you to move some pins though. I like 3/16" G5 and if you need one PM me your address and I'll put one in an envelope for you to try out.

Dang, that thing looks gaudy. Looks like it would kill your lowlight vis, as well.

I don't know the name of my peep, but the opening is big(3/16 or 1/4). I've never cared to or found the need to line up my sight housing or use a level. I take the levels off of my sights, if they come with one.

What are you even using a peep for then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahlgringo

WKR
I actually really like the truglo versapeep system. Allows seemless transition between indoor/outdoor lighting and ringing scope housing. I also actually like that the actual peep housing is on the thicker side. I noticed previously on my g5 meta that I sometimes could not tell i was looking through peep in lowlight conditions- just gives me a thicker black line to look through if that makes sense.

Same idea as hamske's system, just 1/5 the price

N2TRKYS

WKR
That doesn't make any sense. If you don't line it up, then what's the point?

I guess I'm not getting how you use a peep but don't bother to line it up with anything.

All I've ever done is center the pin that I want to use in the peep.

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
Been trying out the insight peep on one of my bows for a few months also. Always shot G5 peeps before this and they work well but I do notice horizontal impact shift depending on lighting hoping the insight will pretty much eliminate that. One thing you might try is checking outside in bright sunlight that will be when your peep appears the biggest in relation to your sight housing. Also you may be able to extend your sight housing on the mounting bracket. Most sights have a few holes to mount. This will force you to move some pins though. I like 3/16" G5 and if you need one PM me your address and I'll put one in an envelope for you to try out.

Thanks for the offer but my bow needed some other work so I'm having my shop put a peep in while they are at it.G5 in 3/16! Hopefully it's a little better.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
I have been trying out the Hamskea in sight peep system the last few weeks. I like how well the system shades glare and offensive side light, but unfortunately the largest aperture is still a bit too small for me. I need to go with a larger diameter to be able to see my sight ring and bubble enough. The current aperture is 5/32"

What brand and size peep sight are you running/reccomend
Im shooting an older bow. a 2007 Diamond Triumph with a 32.5 AA.

Thanks in advance
Just run it without a screw in aperture. It will give you one more size up. I use it like that on a 32" ATA bow matched with a small pin guard on a Tommy Hogg and it works out perfectly. Light transmission is the best I've seen thru any peep I have tried in the past. Indoors or out. On my longer ATA bow I will be using an aperture though to match my rings.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
Just run it without a screw in aperture. It will give you one more size up. I use it like that on a 32" ATA bow matched with a small pin guard on a Tommy Hogg and it works out perfectly. Light transmission is the best I've seen thru any peep I have tried in the past. Indoors or out. On my longer ATA bow I will be using an aperture though to match my rings.

How the hell did i not think to try this? I feel like an idiot. Thanks for the clear thinking common sense. I guess i just thought something about the shape of the aperture was advantageous.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
How the hell did i not think to try this? I feel like an idiot. Thanks for the clear thinking common sense. I guess i just thought something about the shape of the aperture was advantageous.
Hey no worries. I think you will really like it. The only thing you really have to watch is that the peep comes straight back. Since it is so long it can give you an odd picture if it is skewed slightly sideways.

bwlacy

WKR
Super peep with nothing screwed in for hunting. But can put apertures back in for paper or 3D. Been using them for 20 years now. I have used Tru Peeps some in the past.