Crap

OP
Jacob Chapman
There's zero reason why those wouldn't tune out of that bow. If anything you can take a turn out of the limb bolts but it shouldn't be necessary

Couldn't get those damn arrows to fly. I don't have a press, and don't trust the Scheels to work on my bow. Ordered up a 260 Axis, flying better. Just going to send the bow to Shane to have it actually tuned. Really blows not having a pro shop close that cares about having arrows fly well. Even the field points are moving a bit (porpoising maybe?, what ever nock right in flight means). Not getting any contact on the fletching, I'm paying attention to my hand pressure...I don't get it.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
Jacob,
I have a nitrum 34 LD: specs are 31.5 " draw with 73 lb draw weight. I have been able to tune both 300 and 260 axis arrows to shoot well. Arrows are cut 29.5" carbon to carbon. I initially tried to tune by moving the rest and that did not suffice. I still noticed irregular arrow flight and terrible paper tears. Yoke tuning has been key for me. The bow has pretty decent cam lean at rest but shoots lights out. The axis 300's weigh in at 533 which includes a 75 grain HIT insert. The 260's weigh about 565. Both arrows fly well and only required yoke tuning to achieve great arrow flight, grouping, and bullet holes on paper. Good luck with the tuning!

OP
Jacob Chapman
Just going to build myself something where I can paper tune on my own. Hopefully I don't need to twist the yokes. The local Scheels will do that, but they will not let you shoot thru paper, so I have to drive the half hour back to my house to verify. They claim by the person working on the bow actually shooting that "it will work great"......retail is dead

Dameon

WKR
The 300 spine arrows will tune fine, your Hoyt is just in desperate need of yoke tuning and possibly cam timing. Moving the rest will only get you so close. If you don't have a decent shop near you, I would recommend buying your own press and building your own draw board. Tuning your own bow does come with a small learning curve, but the rewards of the fruits of your labor are definitely worth it.

OP
Jacob Chapman
The 300 spine arrows will tune fine, your Hoyt is just in desperate need of yoke tuning and possibly cam timing. Moving the rest will only get you so close. If you don't have a decent shop near you, I would recommend buying your own press and building your own draw board. Tuning your own bow does come with a small learning curve, but the rewards of the fruits of your labor are definitely worth it.

I thought they would have as well. Only 75# but I did shorten the DL a half inch so that should have helped even more....I don't have the finances to buy a press right now unfortunately. That IS however definitely being saved for as we speak.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I own a bowmaster portable bow press with the split limb adapters. I believe it only cost me around $50-60 total. I have used this press for everything from replacing a peep, to yoke tuning, to limb swaps. I don't know if the press will work with the limb design on the defiant, but it does work well for my nitrum. Just my $.02.

Brendan

WKR
You can get them to tune, but you need to be able to Yoke tune a Hoyt. I haven't had one that didn't need it. If you're going to go the Scheels route - Have them twist/untwist the yokes (equally) until an arrow rested along the left side of the top cam crosses your string right at the D-Loop, that should be a good starting point.

Getting a press was the best thing I ever did, but Bowmaster will not work with the defiant. You need an approved press - don't skimp here as a bow can come out of a press. Synunm works with their adapters if you want portable, but not if you have the limb stop on. If you want a full press as opposed to portable - see if you can find a Bow-A-Constrictor with the new safety straps.

OP
Jacob Chapman

Cams are timed, the 260's are flying good with field points. Haven't tried broadheads yet so we'll see. Little heavier arrow never hurt anyone I guess.

Would love to get a press, that's going to be down the road as if I'm going to buy one I'm not going to get a cheap one.