Crap

Ordered a Pro Defiant 34, along with arrows...

Bow came in at 75# rendering the arrows too weak. Of course I glued in the inserts, put wraps and fletched the whole dozen (I'll learn better next time)

Question is-do I turn the bow down until they spine out properly, or try to sell them and get some 250 spine arrows

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
That setup should be plenty stiff, especially given that you have wraps and long 4 Fletch. I would run with them. A twist here and there in the yoke and some micro rest adjustments and you should be good to go. I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't tune

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Jacob Chapman
That setup should be plenty stiff, especially given that you have wraps and long 4 Fletch. I would run with them. A twist here and there in the yoke and some micro rest adjustments and you should be good to go. I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't tune

I'll give that a shot. Closest bow shop is 45 minutes away and I don't have a press unfortunately. I'll head over there tomorrow.

Good news is that it's shooting 517 grain arrows at 275!

kicker338

WKR
Turn it down if you need to, wont hurt performance at all, been there and still there. My expedition x is a 70lb one turned down to 65,shooting right at it's IBO.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
Perfect. Great speed, great weight. Sounds like a pretty killer setup. Before you hit the shop I would just do a walk back tune. That would work out your true centershot for that particular arrow setup, then you may not even have to touch a yoke.

OP
Jacob Chapman
Perfect. Great speed, great weight. Sounds like a pretty killer setup. Before you hit the shop I would just do a walk back tune. That would work out your true centershot for that particular arrow setup, then you may not even have to touch a yoke.

I'll give that a try, any good resource for learning how to walk back tune?

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
I do a modified really. Set center shot by measurement or eyeballing for some. Set sight pins inline with arrow. Hang a plumber vertical string or plumb vertical tapeline down your target face. Start at a distance of 5-7 yards. Shoot to split the vertical line. One side of the line doesn't count, you must split it. Adjust your sights as needed till you are splitting the line. Miss right, move sights right and so on. Shoot until you are consistently splitting the line. Then walk back to 15-20 yards. Shoot to split the line. This time though, make adjustments on your rest, do not move your sights. If you miss right, then bump your rest left, opposites attract in this step. Tiny movements only. Shoot and adjust till you split the line consistently.

Now go back to the close distance and repeat. Go back and forth between the two distances till you are no longer having to make adjustments to your sights at close range, or adjustments to your rest at the longer range.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
The other version is a group tune at standard distances. Shoot a group at 20 yards. If the group is right, then move the sights right. Get the group on center by adjusting your sights. Then step back to 60 yards, or closer if you are uncomfortable at 60. Shoot a group. If they hit right, then adjust your rest left. Adjust your rest until you are centered.

Repeat at both distances as listed above. Exact same principle. Sight adjustments at short distance, rest at longer distance until all falls into place. The nice thing about the group tuning method is that it can also weed out odd fliers or give you the opportunity to nock index or ditch crappy flying arrows.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yeah, there is currently a 25 page thread on AT right now on this very subject!

LOL!

I agree that it should work just fine. HOWEVER.......if it were me, I'd cut the arrows down a bit. I've got some 29.5" arrows and I shoot at 32 1/2" draw. That would definitely stiffen them up, but you'd have to reinstall new inserts.

LOL!

I agree that it should work just fine. HOWEVER.......if it were me, I'd cut the arrows down a bit. I've got some 29.5" arrows and I shoot at 32 1/2" draw. That would definitely stiffen them up, but you'd have to reinstall new inserts.

or cut it off the back end.

I would rather be to stiff then a little weak.
I am sure it will be fine but its showing its on the weak side in OT2.

OP
Jacob Chapman
There's zero reason why those wouldn't tune out of that bow. If anything you can take a turn out of the limb bolts but it shouldn't be necessary

That's what I was hoping to hear.....set the center shot and nicking point, then yoke tune? Or would you recommend just moving the rest until they are flying well?

boom

WKR
have you shot it like it sits yet?

i had a SBXT that shot all arrows the same...that was a crazy good bow. i was a fool to sell it.