What is your favorite hunting arrow?

GT Pierce Platinum's have been treating me very well, especially in the 250's. Stiffer than a board, fly like darts for both Fixed and Mechs.

Brendan

WKR
GT Pierce Platinum's have been treating me very well, especially in the 250's. Stiffer than a board, fly like darts for both Fixed and Mechs.

Out of curiosity - are you using the GT insert/outsert system? I'm finding the arrows to have good tolerances, but it's been tough to keep the insert and collar square...

Gold Tip XT Hunter. Not the fanciest arrow out there, but they have always shot well for me and the price is very reasonable.

Yotekiller

Lil-Rokslider
GT Platinum Pierce 300 cut 26" carbon to carbon, 4 vantech swift 2.25, 50 grains added with the fact system, total weight 460 grains, foc 18.
Xpedition Xcursion 6, 28.25 draw length, 67lbs
292fps

I originally had them cut at 27" and they were underspined.
I wish I would have went with the 250 spine and added more point weight to have a higher total weight and foc.

The straightness tolerances are very good. (1 arrow out of 12 was really wobbly at one end which I was able to cut off) I am using the GT outsert system and have not seen any issues keeping my inserts square. I squared the end of the shafts and I am using an arrow spinner to get them straight before I let the epoxy dry. The first set I epoxied in had some of them come loose but I piled a lot of epoxy on them the second time and they have been solid. I am using a layered foam target in front of the bag target to slow them down before hitting the bag. I am finding my layered foam targets don't stop them very well.

I shot Easton Axis 400's for years. Bowtech Tribute 60lb, 29" draw. Arrow specs 27.75", 3 vane blazers, HIT inserts, 100 grain Grim Reapers. Finished arrow weight was 390 grains, shot about 280 fps. Had great success and killed a couple dozen whitetails, a bear and some pigs with that set-up. Last year I switched to Easton FMJ's because I wanted more weight. Same set-up as above except finished arrow weight is 454 grains. I chronoed that set-up and it went around 270fps.

Muley15

Lil-Rokslider
Ive played with so many different setups over the last few years (micro, standard, outserts, high FOC, etc) and have come to the conclusion that high FOC is a bit over rated. I recently took built FMJ's 6mm with standard inserts and my total weight is 445grains which is about perfect for me as it puts my speed at 286. Whats interesting about it is that my FOC is about 10 with this setup and at 70 yards they are hitting at about the same spot as my previous 425g high FOC setup was. Lots of great choices out there but keeping it simple and easy is what Im doing now.

Ive played with so many different setups over the last few years (micro, standard, outserts, high FOC, etc) and have come to the conclusion that high FOC is a bit over rated. I recently took built FMJ's 6mm with standard inserts and my total weight is 445grains which is about perfect for me as it puts my speed at 286. Whats interesting about it is that my FOC is about 10 with this setup and at 70 yards they are hitting at about the same spot as my previous 425g high FOC setup was. Lots of great choices out there but keeping it simple and easy is what Im doing now.

I have kind of the same setup. Never really worried too much about FOC. Mine are right at 420 grains(FMJ's), about your speed. They fly pretty darn well with only a 100 grain head.